Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the end all statement?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:10 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am just wondering what would your husband have to say for it to be the end for you? I know people get into fights, but there's got to be something that if you heard him say it you would say ok its over.

I'm Slow

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:15 PM

gosh IDK. DH doesn't fight that way, name calling and such, so if he suddenly did say anything cruel or insulting it would probably crush me! lol

MissAndrea125
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I CHEATED 

offrdngal
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:25 PM

For me, it wasn't a statement.  I'd been called everyname in the book for 10yrs and it just went in one ear and out the other.  The end all, be all for me was when he kept following me and when I tried to pass him to go back downstairs, he swung at me and hit my leg.  That was it...we were DONE!!!!!  No questions or doubts about, in my mind.

My new dh would never treat me that way. It would take a lot for me end this marriage.  It's totally different from my first marriage.  Dh's attitude would have to do a complete 180, but I don't know what could even possibly be the end all, be all for us.

Terri

Loved4Sure
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:47 PM

in my situation it would be, what would I have to say to him......

my DH adores me and would never in a million berate me or say anything mean. I can't guarantee the same. lol

Cisri1974
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:50 PM

We're still in our lovey-dovey stage so I'm not sure what he would/could say right now.  Even if he said he cheated or didn't want me anymore, I'm a fighter.  If I still want him and think there is a chance, then I'll fight to stay together.  If I feel all hope is lost, I suppose that is when it would be the "ok, we're done" moment.

aimige
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Quoting Amybelle:

gosh IDK. DH doesn't fight that way, name calling and such, so if he suddenly did say anything cruel or insulting it would probably crush me! lol

same here.. my hubby has never raised a hand or voice at me or insulted me with his mouth.. He wasn't raised that way.

shabby.chic
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:53 PM

I'm gay.

God loves everyone, but probably prefers 'fruits of the spirit' over 'religious nuts'.
He who angers you controls you.
God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.
God Himself does not propose to judge a man until he is dead.  So why should you?

Loved4Sure
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Quoting shabby.chic:

I'm gay.

yeah that would do it!

AngelCodysMom
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:09 PM

The end all for me wasn't so much the things he said to me. I dealt with those for 3 years. It was when his temper got so out of control he would start breaking things in my house and terrifying my children. That was when I split from him. Then I realized when he was gone from our lives, my daughter started talking. So that was the final straw. If my children's well being are being affectted, you're out. PLain and simple. They mean more to me than he ever could have. (Yes I am one of those moms that kids come before hubby.)

boy n girlMommy to Angel Skye & Cody Alexander. Step Mommy to Alexis Roseblowing bubbles

calypsieipsy
by on Sep. 11, 2009 at 11:20 PM

The end of my 3 year marriage was when he spanked our son. I don't believe in hitting children and our son was 2 and he had a really bad diaper rash so I had him undiapered to air his butt and he had to pee he wasn't yet potty trained and he peed on the floor, he picked up our son and spanked him as hard as he could. I called the police he left for two days then I packed up my sons stuff as well as mine and moved in with my parents and I have been here ever since. My son is 4 now we have joint custody but my ex now knows I no longer play games when I mean something I do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)