Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any advise would be great!!!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello ladies i am having a problem with my 5 year old.. She has been urinating in her toys.. Like her play kitchen sink, Her baby doll bassinet, boxes and sand buckets.. I dont know what to do anymore.. I only actually caught her once.. I have thrown away all of these items and just cleaned out her closet which she did this in a bucket and covered it up with all of her clean clothes as to hid the fact that she did it again.. I am at my wits end with it.. She has a doctors appointment tomorrow but if anyone is dealing with this as well and can give me any advise (cause we all know the doctors don't have all the answers) I would appreciate it.. BTW the time I caught her she walked right past the bathroom and went in her bedroom to go in a box.. HELP!!

Thanks a very confused mommy

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CARA2008
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:12 PM

My niece would kill me if she knew I wrote this since she is 14 now! Up until 4th grade she pooped her pants. At home, at school, out shopping, whenever. And she sat in it. To be honest I dont know how my sister finally got her to stop but I do know she started when my sister and her husband were divorcing. Not long after they both remarried... you get my point. Is your DD starting school? Maybe its nerves or stress. 

You could always tell her you will put her back in diapers...... (Only if its not a medical issue of course!)

acissejessica
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:12 PM

My daughter would do things like that when there were big changes in our life. I thought it would NEVER END but it did. Did she just start kindergarten? Maybe that is a big enough change to cause her to have this behavior.

I'm Slow

Smurfet14321
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:29 PM

actually yes she did just start kindergarten.. We moved in to an apartment with my boyfriend from my parents house in march.. I had a miscarriage in April and a few pets have passed.. So I guess all these things are big changes for a 5 year old.. I believe it started like 2 months ago that's when I started to smell the pee and finding things she has peed in.. I am really tired of cleaning pee.. I asked her if it was because the kitten was peeing in a box if she felt she needed to also she said no I also asked her why she does it.. She says because she is an animal or that she is a bad girl.. I never tell her she is bad I always try to use positive reinforcement with her.. So I dont know where she gets that shes bad.. I dunno tho I am just hoping the doctor gives me some advise tomorrow.. Thanks for the advise it is truly a help to know I am not alone in this..

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:41 PM

wave

Thank you for posting on the group!  We're glad you're here!

You may also want to post on  these CafeMom Groups:
Advice for Moms

The Potty Training Moms Support Group!

3 day Potty Training support group

We suggest joining and meeting other Moms in these Recommended Groups, too!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

The search bar at the top of every page can be used to search for specific information.

We hope you're enjoying the site!

- The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Hurtnlostmom
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 1:25 PM

It seems your daughter is going through a stress-related event. You say she's starting kindergarten that could very well be the cause.  You probably would want to talk to her about kindergarten how much fun it is and how you learn new things, make new friends etc.  I would also explain to her that if she does that again then she should tell you and that you will not be angry or punish her because that beats her hiding it and next time it might be so well hidden you could not find where she did it and that would be you know YUCK!  lol . She will stop the urinating once she is reassured that it will be alright and that kindergarten maybe new to her but she is going to absolutely love it,  tell her about the coloring, the hand painting, the playing with toys in class and the learning numbers, ABC etc. She'll be just fine around November you wait and see.  Good luck!  Btw, you  didn't have to throw her toys away , you could have  soaked them in bleach for 15 minutes and then rinse them well  for about 5 minutes and they would of been germ free and usable, that's what they do in the hospitals when children do this.

darkeyedmom
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 4:03 PM

She's five right? She must be in kindergarden or even 1st grade. I don't want to cause you any anxiety or anything but that would be (I'm not a Doc either or a nurse) typical bahavior of a child who has been molested. It's worth checking out. I really do hope it's not that. Even any change would do it too. 

All hail the goddess of information-RobinBrunette princess

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Quoting darkeyedmom:

She's five right? She must be in kindergarden or even 1st grade. I don't want to cause you any anxiety or anything but that would be (I'm not a Doc either or a nurse) typical bahavior of a child who has been molested. It's worth checking out. I really do hope it's not that. Even any change would do it too. 

i was leaning toward this reasoning as well.  i think it's definetly stress related, u may want to consider all possibilites. good luck, mama!

Smurfet14321
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 4:52 PM

We just got back from the doc about this.. When he questioned her about it she laughed and he told her very sternly it is not funny.. He also asked her if she wanted to wear diapers again cause if this didnt stop he would make me buy them for her.. I have asked her if anyone has touched her privates.. And she looked at me like I was crazy and said no mommy I would so tell you cause no one can touch my privates.. Not saying its not still a possibility cause you know anything is possible.. The doctor says if it doesnt stop in the next couple of weeks that she will need to see a therapist.. Right about now anything I have to do to stop this i will do ya know.. Well wanted to update all of you on whats going on.. Thank you soooo much for the advise.. Any other advise is always welcome..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)