Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Shooting while pregnant?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2009 at 2:49 PM
  • 16 Replies

I'm 22 weeks pregnant and was wondering if it would harm the baby's ear drums if I were to go shooting?

by on Sep. 26, 2009 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Sep. 26, 2009 at 2:51 PM

I have no Idea but here is a bump and for what its worth I personally wouldn't

michelle0228
by on Sep. 26, 2009 at 2:57 PM

I think it would scare your baby because your baby would definitely hear it, think about it like this you have to wear ear muffs when your shooting meaning it's pretty loud and your baby is very young and sensitive to noise. When I was pregnant my son use to get the hiccups when cars with loud beat went by. I personally wouldn't test it because it may stress your baby out too much.

faithfulmomof1
by on Sep. 26, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Well I can tell you that here in CA you legally can NOT shoot on a range while pregnant.... dont know why but my ex works at a range and every other range i have ever gone to has a sign posted stating so. 

Domestic Violence,Rape, Childhood Sexual abuse, Multiple sclerosis, Epilepsy, Stroke on my right side, Bi-polor, Anorexia, Child loss, I have survived this and more at only 22 years of age. Yet I still smile everyday, Do you? PM me if you ever need or want to talk.

zebbyzebby06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2009 at 3:03 PM

while i was pg with my son i shot more than once and my son can hear better than i can  he hears a train coming liek 2 min b4 i do

aviatorswife
by on Sep. 26, 2009 at 3:17 PM

I actually asked my OB this when I was pregnant. I love to go to the range with my husband. He told me that while it won't hurt the baby, he doesn't recommend it. He said that pregnant women are more clumsy with their bodies and are more apt to have an accident while firing the weapon. He's more concerned with you shooting yourself or someone else basically, but he told me that the baby would be fine.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

cmarportill1435
by on Sep. 26, 2009 at 3:39 PM

i was told no due to the lead content in gun powder.

allsolittle
by Member on Sep. 26, 2009 at 3:41 PM

I went shooting all the time with my 3 pregnancies, all the way to the very end. None of my kids suffered for it... and no, I never wear earmuffs.

mummykittie
by on Sep. 26, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Iam 26 weeks pg and just went shooting last weekend. I also went shooting with first DD and she is just fine. I dont see any problem with it if your carefull. I make ure to wash my hands and my DH stands behind me just incase. We had alot of fun and last week hit more bulls eyes then my last record so I say go for it!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

ColtsFan1912
by on Sep. 26, 2009 at 4:07 PM

yeah i dont know but I wouldn't either.

MY FIL lost his hearing in one ear due to shooting. His earmuff fell off.

Quoting CoUrtNEyLeE:

I have no Idea but here is a bump and for what its worth I personally wouldn't

& i will never look back. . I want to live this life CHASING THE DAYLIGHT" Phillip LaRUe

"

zebbyzebby06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2009 at 5:01 PM

that was my biggest thing too but if you wash ur hand right away dont put your hands in ur mouth and just change clothes when u get home (clothes) it should be ok.  

Quoting cmarportill1435:

i was told no due to the lead content in gun powder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN