Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son is a diabetic since the age of 18 months.

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 12:31 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 335 Total Views
my son was dignosed on july 5,1995  at the age of 18 months, he is 11 now,we went from injections to the pump but the pump was just not for him, i feel like i have more control when i am measuring the doses not a michine.he does good he has not had a hospital stay since we took him off the pump and that has been 4 years ago. his a1c stays around 6 or 7 but he`s a kid it`s hard to keep it in the exact range the drs. want,esp. when the school nurse doesn`t know what she is doing and has to call me eveeryday after kody has old her what to do but she still calles and i have to tell her he was right.i find it is important to teach children how important it is to learn about this disease,my son can count his carbs, n=measure his food portions, and figure his insulin dose, of course sometimes he will make a mistake but that is to be expected he ia only 11. he went to camp one year, he didnot have a good experience, the drs jacked with his insulin so much he stayed high the entire week so he has not been back.if anyone is interested in talking or just neds to vent my e-mail addt is sharon62173@sbc@global.net. i look forward to hearing from people who understand what i go through everyday just like you do.
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
kort
by on Feb. 16, 2008 at 9:20 AM
i have two boys ages 9 and 7 who are both diabetics. they were both diagnosed at the age of 4. they are on the insulin pump now and have been for over two years. they do alright, but konner my 7 year old is having some troubles now. he has 4 indents on his stomach and bum. we cant figure out what there from. i've heard about lipodistrophy but reading about it does not sound like konner. he's starting to have problems with his infusion sites, his body is to sore to wear one and blood sugars are not what they should be. have you ever heard anyone building antibodies toward their insulin ? any advice please let me know. thanks kortni
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)