Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teething! (oh no.....)

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 11:48 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 346 Total Views
My son is 6 months and is starting to teeth. He is always pulling at his ears and making uncomfortable faces. It's effected his appetite a little bit but he really isn't too fussy about it. It just kills me to know that he is hurting. It is difficult for him to get to sleep also. What do you all do for your babies when they are teething? Comfort wise.
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JanetBennett
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 1:29 AM
When my girls were teething, I would get the homeopathic teething tablets at Wal-Mart.  They are easy to use, just stick two or three in your baby's mouth, and they dissolve in about ten seconds.  They work instantly so your baby can sleep without pain.  They are wonderful.  You can find them either in the pharmacy or the baby department.
kchelle2687
by Group Owner on Mar. 24, 2007 at 2:10 PM
LaughingOh thanks! I will definately have to try that!
3littlekittysma
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 4:23 PM
MY ELDEST GALS LIKED A WET WASHCLOTH FROZEN IN THE FREEZER WHEN THEY WERE TEETHING:] ALSO POPSCICLES AND TEETHING RINGS..ALTHOUGH THE RINGS WILL NOT FAIR WELL IN THE FREEZER...LOL...LEARNED THE HARD WAY!
kchelle2687
by Group Owner on Mar. 24, 2007 at 5:47 PM
I've tried the wash cloth and he really likes that, but when I take it out of his mouth he screams....i don't know.
bmagill
by on Mar. 30, 2007 at 10:53 PM
I remember my mom rubbing Jack Daniels on our gums...don't know that she did it because it really worked or because it was usually on hand?

My mother-in-law is conviced that my 4 1/2 month old is teething since a month ago!  I keep telling her he is just figuring out how his hands work and realizes he likes putting everything in his mouth my hand, your hand, his hand, it doesn't matter as long as he can get a hold of it you know where it's goin.  Really he's been sucking on his hands and figures since birth...does that mean he was teething then too?  My daughter started teething around 6 months but didn't cut her first tooth until almost 8.  My mother-n-law has calmed down since my daughter was born, thank god.  That was 5 years ago, I think she realizes the more she pushes the more I push away...Come on now I don't need someone to tell me how to raise my kids especially coming from someone who kids don't respect her!  She's so crazy sometimes!  Do you guys have crazy mother-n-laws too?  Boy can I tell you some stories!!! 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)