Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

painted letters of a name

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:41 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 343 Total Views

Hi!!

I am wanting to paint letters for my sons rooms, and wanted to see if anyone has done this (i'm sure some have) and wanted to see if i could look at how they are done?

I'm not to good at just pulling ideas out of the air, so I am just looking for some inspiration!!

Thanks!!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommybgood
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I'd just get three or fours liitle tubes of acrylic paint in colors from his room and go to town! Maybe just alternating colors...maybe stripes, polka dots or camoflage????Spray sealing is a nice finishing touch...:) 

love741
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Well im not done yet, but i have 3 of 4 letters done.   Im not sure if you can tell from the pic (my camera's no good), but i drew an outline around the edge of each letter and then did just the outline striped (yellow and green) Then i painted the inside light blue (its very close to the colour of his room.  It was a bit of work, but his name only has 4 letters so it wasn't that bad...  im not sure what i'll do with the stars yet, but i'll figure that out when im done with the letters,  Here are some pictures.

Kairos
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 5:09 PM

This is what I did with my son's room. I just picked two tones of blue and alternated them you can't see very well in this picture but I aslo out lined them with gold and black.

here is a close up

caham
by Owner on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:36 AM

take a look on ebay or etsy, you should be able to find lots of inspiration there

Christine - Group Owner of Home Decor and so Much More!

Jweaver
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I like a more "calm" approach, so I pained mine a solid color (red for my son and pink for my daughter)  with the cheap craft paint. My friend actually traces them on scrapbook paper, then cuts out the paper and glued them on the top, then painted the edges a color that goes with the papers. It  looks sooooooooo cute. I may end up changing my daughters to that.... (painted edges first)

SwingLifeAway
by New Member on Nov. 22, 2009 at 5:43 AM

I covered my son's wooden letters in scrapbook paper, then painted mod podge over it to hold it in place. It was pretty easy. I'll have to take a picture tomorrow.

Help me name Squishy, because I suck at decisions. :)

AliciaO
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 1:43 AM

Thank you ladies!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)