Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Decorating Ideas!!!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:39 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 690 Total Views

Hello Members,

I just moved into a new house and I need some decorating ideas.  First, I want to begin with my living room because it's the first room when entering the house.   I like a romantic look and one that would WOW my guests.  I love my old furniture, but should I keep it or change it?  Please send your ideas and where I can find the items.  Thanking you in advance! Love, Bernie

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danisc720
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Hi Bernie,

I would say to start with adding some color to your living room.

Good Luck!

campeno
by Admin on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:29 PM

First, you have to get rid of all the plastic covers:) Then add some color to the walls and some ornate window coverings. Once you have those two things you can look for  a larger piece for over your couch.  

Bernie09
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Thanks Danielle!

Do you have a color in mind?

Bernie09
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Hello Campeno,

Thanks for the suggestions!  The plastic will be removed after the painting.

Bernie

rolling on floor

lovemygirls31
by New Member on Jan. 7, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I would go nuetral on the walls and then bring in patterns and color for the window treatments!

Cute house!  We are about to put our house on the market and I can't wait to decorate a new place :)

Krista Sellars

Bernie09
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Thanks, and I totally agree with you.  Do you know where I can find a bargain on the window treatments?

confused

AvaMorgan
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Well I do not confess to be a Interior Decorator, in fact if it were up to me I would likely paint everything aqua as it reminds me of the ocean! That being said, I do love having a nice house that I enjoy coming home to and that I can show off to my friends.

So I hired an Online Decorating service when I repainted my Living Room and they suggested Benjamin Moore Hemp Seed CC-578, it is a really nice light warm beige color that makes the room really cozy but still bright! It might work in your room too.

If you want to check out the website it is decorateITonline.com . I was super happy with their service!

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2010 at 5:49 PM

I would suggest that you use the area rug as your inspiration for color.

The table by the window appears a bit cluttered to me and it deters from the window and view. Minimize the items, if possible.

Also, Classic side tables may make the area feel less dated.

Maybe something like this:

Quoting Bernie09:

Thanks Danielle!

Do you have a color in mind?

danisc720
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Bernie,

I like the warm colors that are common in a lot of the model homes these days. Like the earth tones in the green or tan family. Your furniture is neutral, so the possible colors are endless. There's so many nice warm colors, you might even want to use 2 colors on your walls (ex: lighter color on top, darker color on the bottom), or I like the lighter color on all but 1 wall, then make that 1 wall an accent wall and paint it a darker color. If you think you might have trouble putting colors together, go to home depot or lowes and get the paint samples they have. Most of them have 3 colors on a sample sheet.

Danielle

MissGreenEyes
by on Jan. 9, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Oh man,  that rug is soooo pretty.  If the rug is there to stay,  I'd build from the colors in that.  Otherwise, I could see a deep jade or emerald green for accents,  or even jewel toned blue.   No real suggestions here,  sorry... but I really like the white(s) and creams,  personally.    You can do so much with that.... good luck!! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)