Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Show us your kids rooms

Posted by   + Show Post

Let see all your childrens rooms :)

by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 7:59 AM
Replies (71-74):
katfeemom
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:02 AM

This was my 11 y/o daughter's room right before we moved. I don't know if it is clear in the photos, but there are green flowers stamped on the purple part of the wall, and purple flowers stamped on the green part of the wall  There are also green flowers around the closet door frame, and the window frame.  My friend and I painted the entire room in 3 days!  The bed is a storage bed as I do not think that the room had enough room for a dresser.  Before she had a queen sized bed (which her dad took when he walked out on us)

The bed linens were actually mine, when I was her age  (my Mom had found them in storage) The white and purple afghan is one that I made for her when she was an infant..  The butterflies over the bed, were found at a consignment store ($1.00 for all 3!)  I painted them with the same paint as the wall, then added an iridescent coat.  And outlined with glow in the dark paint. (They shone in the dark)

I found these butterflies in the Christmas section of Garden Ridge (After Christmas sales are WONDERFUL!!)   Add some fishing line and purple beads, and hung from the ceiling.

A close up up the head board

Butterflies  hanging from the ceiling found at Pier 1.   Purple butterfly on the window ~ another Garden Ridge Christmas item find.

Large Pier 1 butterfy...

RyansMommie07
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 7:41 PM

these are from when we first did the pirate theme. id take new pics, but it looks like the toybox threw up so ill just use the old ones ;) we changed it from a construction theme to a pirate theme after we got these awesome pirate ship beds off craigslist for really cheap. the boys love them! we also took the old contruction truck pictures and had an arts n crafts day to make new pirate pictures for their new room. the boys even helped paint the dressers with me. 

xcrystal88
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM

This is DS's room, we need to switch his crib over to the toddler bed soon. I just cleaned it so its not always looking this good. lol 

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:26 AM

OK.  Time to update this I see!  We have changed the rooms quite a bit...these pics are from this morning, so I didn't really get a chance to clean it up properly, but oh well. :)

DS (14) room (cleaned up paint job including painting the corners red - it used to be red stick on stuff and it was always falling off.  Now it's actual red paint.  Also rearranged.

DSs (10 and 7) room (no more bunks and a new dresser as well)

Quoting the3Rs:

DS (12) room (red no longer in corners)

DS's (7 & 5) (that desk is now downstairs)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)