Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really how do u decorate an apartment..

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:46 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 304 Total Views

i have such a boring apartment.. That needs to look better and need ideas for such a small place.. really i need a femine appeal with having so many guys in my family (9month old DS & a DH) it's looking a little blah... but still looking a little masculine for them at the same time.. So ladies need ideas.. sending pics in updates.. THANKS

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sweetleanne
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I think it has to do with having the basics, then adding the spice around the room with prints and textures around the room. Ikea is not bad place to start with ideas. They have alot of small scale furniture which is important when in a small place. Also, I love the kiddie section and the their over all style isn't gender pacific

connorsmom2009
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:35 PM

bump

CreativeMummy
by Member on Mar. 8, 2010 at 12:28 AM

can you post some pics?  I need to see what you have to be able to suggest ideas. 

caham
by Owner on Mar. 8, 2010 at 8:59 AM

My guess is, since it is an apartment, you probably need to pull some color into your living space. You can do this by adding an area rug (yes, you can put an area rug over wall to wall carpet and it isn't weird), add some pillows and throws to the couch and/or chairs, look for a great piece of  artwork (it doens't have to be expensive) and build from there. Until you can post some pics, it is hard to be more specific with ideas.

Good luck!

campeno
by Admin on Mar. 9, 2010 at 6:58 AM

Pretty much what Caham said....but include your dh in the process to keep that masculine touch as far as colors, textures, designs.

Don't be afraid to hang pic's, to add curtains over blinds, etc. And most importantly add some green plants. Big impact there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)