Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TV, Wii, DVD mess! Any ideas?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:58 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 557 Total Views

I really need to organize the mess in our family area.  It is overflowing with stuff, mostly for the Wii.  I would like it to look a little better, considering this is the room everyone ends up sitting around in.  I also need to make the top of the TV cabinet look a little better........help??

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
campeno
by Admin on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Is there a place in the FR where you could place an ottoman? They sell ottomans that have a removable top so you could store games in there, yet it is still functional furniture as it adds seating.  Then get a nice decorative basket to place on top of the TV amoire where you can store the hand controls?

table4six
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:24 AM

I would probably have room for an ottoman if I move some furniture around.  I'll check into that, see what I can find.  Thanks for the idea.

caham
by Owner on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Target has some pretty cheap. I was thinking even adding another storage piece, something you could place baskets in to keep the games and controls out of site.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:21 AM

TOBO TV panel with media storageBESTÅ Shelf unit

Maybe something with drawers or cubbies to "hide".  Or  a CD bookshelf to store the movies/games in?

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:37 AM

I had an entertainment unit built with space for the dvds, etc.. however, my son kept getting into it so I have them in a locked cabinet now. Same thing with the game cube, etc. I just disconnect them until they are ready to be used and put them away in the cabinet but if you use it alot, then you might want a storage compartment or chest like others suggested.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/109589 Fathers Rights Cause

http://www.cafemom.com/group/42836 The Spiritual Cafe

NAMASTE'

deann66
by Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:43 AM

I use little fabric bins in my tv stand for games, remotes, etc. The kids have to unplug the controllers when not in use and place back into the bin. They usually use the remote ones anyway. The wires are all behind the stand but you can still see them a little under it and that bugs me but I am still thinking of a solution LOL. But I love the bins to hold it all in. Don't laugh, but I have a basket on my piano with fake vines in it. I have junk under the vines and nobody would know lol. You could put a large basket of vines on top and use it for your own junk. Even if you don't hide stuff in it, it would look nice if the TV stand had just one large item on top. Just a thought.

Caydens_momma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:51 AM

I have the same issue. I need to figure out something too.

TruDiva
by Member on Apr. 3, 2010 at 1:52 AM

I saw some chests (kinda like foot lockers) at Kirklands.  They would be good to hold dvds or gaming accessories.  Also, the tall dvd/cd towers could go on either side of your existing cabinet, if you don't want to spend money on another one.

table4six
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Quoting TruDiva:

I saw some chests (kinda like foot lockers) at Kirklands.  They would be good to hold dvds or gaming accessories.  Also, the tall dvd/cd towers could go on either side of your existing cabinet, if you don't want to spend money on another one.

I haven't been in a Kirklands in forever.  It's so crowded with merchandise, I'm afraid my kids are going to break something, lol.  Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out next time I am kid-free shopping.

KidsHelper
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Our wii games are in a storage cabinet with the rest of the movies, etc.  The accessories like the balance board and extra remotes and all that are in the cedar chest that we use for a coffee table.  It's a great way to make use of a family heirloom.  I put a large plastic bin in to hold the hunchuks and other small stuff.  The balance board sits on the floor under the chest.  Everything else like the yoga mat is put away inside the chest.

You could even put in several bins and separate by kind of gaming system that it goes with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)