Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your style??

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:12 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 302 Total Views

Here is the link to a quiz, be sure to come back and post your results!!

http://home.ivillage.com/decorating/0,,br7sgnjf,00.html

Christine - Group Owner of Home Decor and so Much More!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nana9195
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:02 PM

A lover of rustic charm, you want your home to be comfortable rather than fancy or trendy. You lean toward organic, simple design that recalls such historic movements as Arts and Crafts and Shaker. You love to feel ensconced in your space and often bring the outdoors in. Natural architectural details such as large plank wood floors and paneled walls, unhoned stone and oversized fireplaces help create this indoor/outdoor style. You avoid high-maintenance fabrics such as silk and linen, opting for the more straightforward ease of cotton and wool. A focus of good country design is the handcrafted, and you accessorize your space with novelties like quilts, tapestries and needlepoint pillows. For your color palette, you like to keep things natural; rustic tones like Tuscan orange, maize, and shades of brown complete the coziness you crave.    THIS IS  ME  TO A TEE LOL

puppy   ANA RUIZ

Caydens_momma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I got traditional and then retested changing some of the answers that i could go either way on and ended up modern. That is me. I love traditional furniture...with modern paint colors and accessories.

caham
by Owner on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:48 PM

I got modern, that fits me somewhat.  I don't really like to classify my taste, I like to think I am a little ecclectic ( a little bit of everything).

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:33 AM

I love meditteranean, old world.  Much of our furniture is contempo but it blends with different styles quite nicely.

deann66
by Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:09 AM

It said rustic charm. I do love simplicity and comfort. I never know what to call my style...I just do what I like and sometimes it works and sometimes its off LOL

table4six
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:33 AM

LOL, not sure that fits me but this is what I got!

As a modernist, you live by the motto that less is more. To you, interiors should be minimal and sparse, not embellished and cluttered. With a focus on color, texture and shape, the bones of a modern space evoke a neutral yet elegant environment. Timeless, white-lacquer walls, interesting woods like bamboo and gray oak, and fancy stones like polished limestone and carrara marble add contemporary sophistication. For warmth and interest, you’ve painted a few walls in bold accent colors or hung simple wallpapers made of grass cloth or metallic foils in intimate spaces such as the bedroom and bathroom. To further energize the room, you’ve added geometric touches in rugs and throw pillows and upholstered a few of your mid-century modern favorites in pop colors like indigo blue, apple red and canary yellow. Organic yet linear accessories such as trees (hold the fakes, please!), coral and orchids complete your design.

campeno
by Admin on Apr. 2, 2010 at 10:34 PM

I got Modernist, but I don't see it at all!! 

I don't think I fall into any one category....I call my style "practical and earthy." Modern is one I least like, most of the time. Hmm?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)