Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help! Pillow problem!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:27 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 243 Total Views

My DD spent the night with a friend Saturday night.  Against my better judgement, I let her go.  Well, she is fine.  However, everything she took with her smells like cigarette smoke!  How can I get the smell out of her tote bag and pillows?  I don't think I can launder them.  Any suggestions?  Can I put them in the dryer with something to take the smell out?  Help!!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
table4six
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:33 PM

You could try to Febreeze them, then put them in the dryer maybe.  Or Febreeze them, then leave them in the sun for awhile.

On a side note, I had a new feather pillow, my son got sick on it.  I didn't want to throw it away because it was new.  I risked washing (cold water) and drying it (on low heat), it didn't ruin it.  If it comes down to throwing it away or trying to wash it.....I would give it a shot!  Good luck, I hate that smell!!!!!!

campeno
by Admin on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Febreze. Baking soda takes the odor out of most things. Toss what you can in the dryer with a dryer sheet. Toss a dryer sheet in bags you can't launder. That's all I can think of right now, other than leave them outside to air out.

TheJerseyGirl
by Admin on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I'd try dryer and dryer sheets! Lysol first to kill germs!!

caham
by Owner on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:21 PM

I throw our pillows in the laundry all the time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)