• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Decorating Shows

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 316 Total Views

I haven't watched a lot of TV for awhile, I don't like what is on TV and would rather my kids not see most of it. Anyway, I have gotten out of the loop on what the "hot" decorating shows currently are. So go ahead, let me know what shows you love to watch!!

Christine - Group Owner of Home Decor and so Much More!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Caydens_momma
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Well...I am right there with you on not letting my kids see it. but i dvr shows to watch at naptime and after they are in bed. I like Sarah's House..she buys a house and re-decorates and builds on. Its neat to see a house re-done from start to finish. And Holmes on Homes...stuck on it because it makes me wonder what all is wrong with my house...lol.

JustGail
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM

I used to love HGTV - but lately most of the 'decorating' show are more geared towards the house staging type.

i USED to love Kitty Bartholomew (don't know if anyone remembers her).....but she'd have decoratine and crafts too.  and Lynette jennings and Christopher Lowell.

flirtylingerie_2039_1041798643.gif picture by taratalnenetz

caham
by Owner on May. 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM

I used to watch Christopher Lowell back in the day (also Room by Room)! I also watched Trading Spaces (more so in the beginning) and Design on a Dime. It seems like whenever I flip to HGTV, House Hunters is always on! I do catch a few episodes on Holmes on Homes. I like a lot of what Candice Olson does, but I don't know when her show is on - or if it is still on.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2010 at 7:54 AM

Quoting caham:

I used to watch Christopher Lowell back in the day (also Room by Room)! I also watched Trading Spaces (more so in the beginning) and Design on a Dime. It seems like whenever I flip to HGTV, House Hunters is always on! I do catch a few episodes on Holmes on Homes. I like a lot of what Candice Olson does, but I don't know when her show is on - or if it is still on.

I love Candice... I used to watch a lot when DS was infant...Also Debbie Travis.  I've seen Holmes 1 or 2 times and it seems really informative... would love to see more but
I dont get to watch much tv anymore.. Let me revise... I get to watch PBS Kids and Noggin..

jene26
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 10:22 AM

love , love Divine Design with Candice Olsen...she is just too good!

auntietotty
by Admin on May. 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Seems like House Hunters is ALWAYS on! I dont like that show...everyone is too dang picky.

I havent watched anything in ages..I dont watch much TV either.   I do like...

Divine Design

Spice up my Kitchen

Color Splash

I used to love Trading Spaces years ago...back when it was Frank, Ty, Hildy, Genevieve, Vern, (Oh..I like that 'Ask Genevieve' show), and all the other old designers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)