Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT- kids out of school?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:30 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 345 Total Views

I know this is very off topic for our group, but I was just wondering if your kids are of school for summer break yet? I know different parts of the country begin and end the school year at different times, and maybe you are one of the lucky ones (I am all for year round school) whose child goes year round.

My son's last full day of school was yesterday, he has to go back for a short time tomorrow to pick up his report card. We begin our school year, around the third week of August and get out usually the week before Memorial Day, however this year, we didn't get out quite as early as usual due to lots of snow days this winter.

Christine - Group Owner of Home Decor and so Much More!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
inmybizz
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 6:56 PM

not yet..8 days to go..then 5 days off before six week summer program begins.

JustGail
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:55 PM

here in jersey we go till the third week of june........and start the first week of september.

I love having them home all summer.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 8:13 PM

UGH... DS has 3 more hours of school off from 6/2 until 7/5 when camp starts...
Camp lasts 6 weeks... and is 3 days a week. ...

Then school doesnt start untl 9/13
MIND you this is PRESCHOOL...

caham
by Owner on May. 26, 2010 at 10:24 PM

My DD's preschool was out May 13, she will start up again usually the week after Labor Day, sometimes it falls to the second week of September.

auntietotty
by Admin on May. 26, 2010 at 10:55 PM

My granddaughter and 2 nieces go to school here in my town..their last day is tomorrow. They only go till 11:30 though. They have awards assemblies in the morning and then get to go home.

We usually start mid August and get out mid May..but went a week longer this year due to snow days being made up.

table4six
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2010 at 9:12 PM
Today was the last day for us. They go back around the first of August.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GOBryan
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Not yet. They'll be out beginning of June. My son will be going to summer school.  My 17 y/o daughter will be heading to S. Florida to visit her dad and my youngest child will be home for the summer.

campeno
by Admin on May. 27, 2010 at 11:09 PM

My preschooler finished last week and then my 2nd grader will be done in the 4th of June...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)