Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitchen Countertops & New House Pics

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:43 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 509 Total Views

Hi - I posted a few weeks ago about painting my kitchen countertops.  we finally closed on the house (almost 6 months after we put our 1st offer in)!  Here is a picture of the kitchen and you can see that the harvest gold countertops and backsplash.  I love the kitchen because it is big and the cabinets are in good shape.  Is there anything I can do to the countertops?  Any ideas? BTW - we're getting new appliances in 2 weeks.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kmm250
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Just thought I'd share a few more photos.  The room with the fireplace is my favorite!  All of these pics were taken before we owned the house.  We'll be cleaning everything up and painting.

TheJerseyGirl
by Admin on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Did you see where I posted this??? I saw a house where the lady did this and it looks so good!!!

http://www.liquidstainlesssteel.com/giani/products.html

Grandma2Olivia
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I love the big stone fireplace! 
Congrats!

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM

First off- CONGRATS on the new home!!! That is awesome!! Looks lovely. I really like the fireplace too!

what color appliances did you get?
You could try granite tiles over the formica countertops- or look into just replacing with granite- If you have some $... you can get an inexpensive granite (Uba Tuba or Absolute Black for about $50 a sq ft). Does the formica go up the wall or is that a faux paint job? What is the floor?  cant tell from pics.
Do you like clean lines and modern? Or French country Or even Americana style? All of those strike me as "fitting". 

Candelaria1995
by Member on Jun. 15, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Quoting kmm250:

Just thought I'd share a few more photos.  The room with the fireplace is my favorite!  All of these pics were taken before we owned the house.  We'll be cleaning everything up and painting.

Woooo, YOU got a GREAT FirePlace, It looks awesome! Congrats!

Mom of 3
Candelaria1995
by Member on Jun. 15, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Did you see where I posted this??? I saw a house where the lady did this and it looks so good!!!

http://www.liquidstainlesssteel.com/giani/products.html

Wooo, Woo, Woooo, I love this, Thanks for posting it, I didn't know they have things like this. I have granite in my kitchen island, but my DH didn't want to put more money into the house and we didnt' put granite in our entire kitchen. Our neighborhood is so so, well is a long story, we are thinking about moving in about 4 yrs, so we stop our upgrades!.  Pretty soon I will post some pictures of my kitchen family room, that I painted.  I'm going to look for this produc!!!!

Mom of 3
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)