Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help w/ headboard**updated with headboard pic i like**

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:00 PM
  • 26 Replies
  • 3122 Total Views

***THIS IS TH E HEADBOARD THAT I LIKE (TALL WITH BUTTONS)**

is it hard to do the buttons? someone said to drill wood screws and stick a button in the hole.. im jst wondering if that is the correct way to do it?

hi ladies im not crafty at all.... but i would like to make a headboard for  my bead ( like on hgtv with a board) i was wondering if you could tell me how you did yours and show pics if you do have them i will attach a pic so maybe you can give me some ideas.. i might change my bedding afterwards later on so i might need a neautral color? thanks :)

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LushGirlClothin
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Well let me tell you about one i made for my daughters room...  it actually cost me  more money to buy all the supplies than it would have been for me to  just buy one... So one day i seen one for sale  ugly as ever and was an ivory color  but durable so i bought some very inexpensive fabric at J0Anne's i think it was like 2.00 a yard it was this crinkled shimmer hot pink... well i  wrapped the fabric around it and  and folded it under in the back and stapled it with a staple gun.. I then found some cute Gerber Daisies in Lime green and I hot glued them  on to the front : )  I no longer have the head board but i do have the curtains that i made to match!  my advice would be to maybe look for something used under 25.00 and redo it your self I have  attached 2 pics not so great but gives you an idea...Goodluck

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:20 PM

1_hawt_mami
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:37 PM

i have a question for you.. my grandma says she has a wicker headboard do you think i could spray some adhesive (sp) to it and add foam and then wrap fabric on it? those curtains are really cute and i love your living room!

Quoting LushGirlClothin:

Well let me tell you about one i made for my daughters room...  it actually cost me  more money to buy all the supplies than it would have been for me to  just buy one... So one day i seen one for sale  ugly as ever and was an ivory color  but durable so i bought some very inexpensive fabric at J0Anne's i think it was like 2.00 a yard it was this crinkled shimmer hot pink... well i  wrapped the fabric around it and  and folded it under in the back and stapled it with a staple gun.. I then found some cute Gerber Daisies in Lime green and I hot glued them  on to the front : )  I no longer have the head board but i do have the curtains that i made to match!  my advice would be to maybe look for something used under 25.00 and redo it your self I have  attached 2 pics not so great but gives you an idea...Goodluck

1_hawt_mami
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:38 PM

i love that! did you buy it ?

Quoting GOBryan:

LushGirlClothin
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I wouldnt see shy not my mother inlaw owns an upholstry shop and she said if it isnt holding with adhesive spray try some fabric glue in certain areas.  Also TY I love almost anything  so I just added it all together lol.. Goodluck with your headboard!!!!!!!!!

Quoting 1_hawt_mami:

i have a question for you.. my grandma says she has a wicker headboard do you think i could spray some adhesive (sp) to it and add foam and then wrap fabric on it? those curtains are really cute and i love your living room!

Quoting LushGirlClothin:

1_hawt_mami
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:03 PM

where do you think id find the foam?? at joAnnes?

Quoting LushGirlClothin:

I wouldnt see shy not my mother inlaw owns an upholstry shop and she said if it isnt holding with adhesive spray try some fabric glue in certain areas.  Also TY I love almost anything  so I just added it all together lol.. Goodluck with your headboard!!!!!!!!!

Quoting 1_hawt_mami:

Quoting LushGirlClothin:

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:30 PM

I found it on the internet. It's not mine but thought it looked simple enough to do with the proper supplies from Home Depot.

Quoting 1_hawt_mami:

i love that! did you buy it ?

Quoting GOBryan:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/109589 Fathers Rights Cause

http://www.cafemom.com/group/42836 The Spiritual Cafe

I am a Central Florida Realtor http://gobryan.watsonrealtycorp.com/  

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:33 AM

I found this:

http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how-to-create-a-fabric-headboard/index.html

Thought it might help you... :)
I also found this:

http://www.fabricworkroom.com/upholstered-headboard.html

for less then 300 bucks (full size/ Queen size), you can buy one. 

It might be fun to try to make.. and it does sound easy.  I once made fabric covered cornices window cornicewith a freind.  She had covered the wood in foam- and then we pulled the fabric over.  It came out "ok".  It is really hard to not get lines from pulling the fabric... it looked "pulled" on her window treatments..like uneven.. when the cornice was up you didnt notice too much- cause they were high up, but I'd be concerend about a bed frame..Also... she didnt use a very "thick" heavy fabric.  I would think using a heavy fabric might decrease the pulling...but she wanted a specific pattern (same as her diningroom place mats)... and didnt want to spend $$ that it would cost for professional. 

I'd consider how much plywood, cutting, foam, and fabric will cost you... it might be close to 300... (depending on your fabric)

Caydens_momma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 11:29 PM

i was going to make one but found a beautiful headboard at a consignment store for $150 with delivery (30+min away from store)

Long story short...it would have cost me way more to make one. i was looking for something cheap to alter when i found my headboard.

and with your bedding..i think you need something tall. gl

1_hawt_mami
by Member on Jun. 15, 2010 at 12:52 AM

thank you i was thinking of using a thick fabric and i wanted to make the button holes ill have to find the picture that i liked so much i will post it tomorrow for everyone and thats what i was thinking of was a tall frame for the back i was thinking to just attaching it to the wall or adding some legs and attaching it to my bed ... do you know how tall it should go?

Quoting Caydens_momma:

i was going to make one but found a beautiful headboard at a consignment store for $150 with delivery (30+min away from store)

Long story short...it would have cost me way more to make one. i was looking for something cheap to alter when i found my headboard.

and with your bedding..i think you need something tall. gl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)