Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

In-Store shopping vs Online Shopping?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 3:38 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 924 Total Views

I'm usually the type to shop for my home than for myself....But sometimes when I see a good deal at the stores, I can't seem to resist. Once I've bought it, I'm excited to get home and put it up or make room for it but then I go online to get ideas of how to do certain stuff and then see something better and usually regret buying what I had earlier in the day....What's ur suggestion on situations such as this....HELP!

Zoey0516

"Do not try to find yourself," You must make yourself. Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it."

by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 3:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caham
by Owner on Sep. 30, 2010 at 9:30 AM

This is a great question! And one that I don't think has ever been asked. I don't have any advice for you, let me think on it. I am one of those people who will look forever till I find what I love, I don't know if I have ever regretted a purchase I made. Maybe if it was something I bought as a temporary piece, such as cheap curtains just because I needed something up on the windows quick, but knowing I would replace them eventually.

Christine - Group Owner of Home Decor and so Much More!

dream4me
by New Member on Sep. 30, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I think preparation/planning ahead would help. You could do some online research before you go shopping just so you can see what is available and if you like what you see, buy it. You can also use the online ideas you find to help when you do shop in stores.

I do shop online for myself and home items, and I've found lots of great deals online. I recently ordered a cute top that was close to 80$, but I waited about 3 days before I got the nerve to buy such a pricey top...and when I finally decided to purchase it I found it was on sale for 15$!!! Talk about a great deal! You can also sign up to get emails from your favorite online stores and get online discounts. I'm bombarded by emails with 50% or more off, from stores I visit online or in-store.

Another option is to return the items you bought in-store and get your online items afterward.

Hope this helps! =)

Zoey0516
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 3:52 AM

blowing kissesThanks Ladies....

Zoey0516

"Do not try to find yourself," You must make yourself. Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it."

Mommyof2114
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 5:08 AM

You should just take the time to create your vision for your home.  Color, light fixtures etc. then when you go out and you start to shop for you home ask yourself  is this what I wanted, or will I be happy with this instead, does this work with what I wanted to do, etc.?  If the answer is yes then go ahead and buy it if not then keep looking.

kgmmw
by Member on Jun. 21, 2011 at 8:57 AM

I rather shop in store than online 

LuLu5J
by Member on Jun. 21, 2011 at 9:41 AM

For clothes I would rather buy in the store because I can try it and make sure it fits correctly.  For other things I don't mind purchasing online.

owensmom34
by Group Admin on Jul. 2, 2011 at 12:53 PM

When I am looking for home decor I always shop in store.  I don't buy myself clothes online but occasionally for the kids.

periwinkle163
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 12:55 PM

I like the convenience of buying at the store for most items. I usually only order online if it's something I am having trouble finding in person.

RobinChristine
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 1:20 PM

I have never shopped online,I like seeing,touching the item. Many times I have played  online,went to the store to see the item and what a big difference,usually what I liked online once I seen did not like

Mom2Kylie2708
by Member on Jul. 2, 2011 at 2:29 PM

i love to go shopping~online sometimes has more options...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)