Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

need color ideas!!!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 7:17 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 1407 Total Views

these are the counter colors in both bathrooms and kitchen. what colors and styles would you do to coordinate with it? I need ideas for the kids bath along with mine. what would you do for the kitchen? the walls are a cream, and the floors are tan tile.

by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andiecandie
by Member on Jan. 15, 2011 at 7:39 PM

i think if you pull colors from the counter top like for the bathroom maybe som tans and browns even a maroonish color it reminds me of saffari theme which im redoing our bathroom  soon as well and we have darker browns in there happy

flprincessmom
by Member on Jan. 15, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Quoting andiecandie:

i think if you pull colors from the counter top like for the bathroom maybe som tans and browns even a maroonish color it reminds me of saffari theme which im redoing our bathroom  soon as well and we have darker browns in there happy

can u give me a pic or something for me to see what colors and/or prints u are talking about?   thank you!!!!

Les1951
by Member on Jan. 16, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I notice that the caulking is a rust color.  Maybe variations of the rust color would look good with some black accents.

caham
by Owner on Jan. 16, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Look for colors that compliment the tones in the counter. It is hard to tell with the lighting of the pic exactly what colors you are working with, but it appears to be similar to my kitchen counter...I did muted mustard yellow and terra cotta in my kitchen and love it. I don't that I would pick that for a bathroom though...for a grown up bath, I think sticking with brown tones and accenting with darker olive greens would be very nice - think mother nature, she naturally paired browns and greens together (I am a big fan of working with brown tones and greens tones). I would try to keep prints to a minimum as the counters are a bit busy for a bathroom.

Christine - Group Owner of Home Decor and so Much More!

momof4treasures
by Member on Jan. 27, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Looks very close to a counter I had in our last house.  It looked good with earth tone colors.  I had Sherman Williams sage green, a darker more avaccado color green, wool skein (ivory).  In the fall it looked really good with the fall color accents, burnt orange , reds and golds. 

Imamom4sure
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:21 AM

vanilla brandy!

or

ponytail

or

toasted almond

Imamom4sure
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Imamom4sure
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:26 AM

even darker cinnamon brown should look great

Imamom4sure
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Imamom4sure
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:36 AM

here are some combinations   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN