Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can you help me with forest/woodland nursery?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 8080 Total Views

i've been so into redoing my dd's room that i have NO ideas for my soon to be son's nursery! we are doing forest/woodland theme, and its green and browns. i have a crib sheet and wall decals in this theme...

Carter's Tree Top - Carters  - Babies"R"Us

but i dont want to get the whole set. i think i'll just get the mobile too. i want to get some tree vinyl decals for an "accent wall" but other than that i'm stumped. what are some other things i can do? either diy or bought? pics would be wonderful! thanks in advance!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
caham
by Owner on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Branches for curtain rods...hmmm...I have to think I this one....

Jonandmeplus3
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:08 PM
you can use a battery operated lantern for a lamp... you could diy build a shelf from logs (firewood style)... I saw where someone had used a long branch and hung letters spelling out the baby's name from it... I'd include pics but cafemom isn't pulling up right on my computer but if I get it to I'll post pics for you :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jonandmeplus3
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:10 AM

These pictures are of my friend's baby, Perry's, nursery. They aren't that great, but maybe they'll help! :)

This is a shelf made with branches, probably an easier way to do it than I had said. lol. 

This is a better angle of the shelf, so you can get a better idea of how to diy if you like.

Here is a picture showing the name on the branch and his crib. That is wallpaper that they used around the bottom half of the room. Do you have a Hobby Lobby where you live? They have lots of stuff there that you could use for this theme. Congrats on the baby and good luck with decorating. Post pictures when you're finished :)

campeno
by Admin on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:06 PM

I would use branches wherever you can. Branches tied together to make a curtain rod is a good start. And super cheap!lol

I would go with more of a color scheme and then let the finer details fall into place within the theme. Accent with items you feel best showcase the theme you have in mind....pic's, decals, bedding, etc.

Mejial12
by New Member on Dec. 15, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Where did you get this bed set. Ive been looking everywhere for it.

supermama322
by Member on Dec. 19, 2014 at 5:10 PM

We have a vinyl decal accent wall of birch trees. Love it! My DDs room is a forest/owls theme.

I got a butterfly orb for a mobile. It can be customized with any colors of butterflies.

Frames that incorporate wood patterns or textures!

Alieda
by Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 4:00 PM
What about putting stars imprints on the ceiling so it looks like the outside at night.
holldoll_86
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 11:39 AM
I got at baby r us. The nursery came out beautiful, but this post is from about 4 years ago, my shin is now 3 1/3!

Quoting Mejial12:

Where did you get this bed set. Ive been looking everywhere for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)