Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hallways

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:07 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 434 Total Views

I need help!!!!

I want to paint my hallway (picture below) - it is sooooo dark and has no light at all unless the bedroom doors are open.  Yes its wood paneling - no I dont care if it messes them up! My dream would be to tear it down, dry wall and add in some sun-lights (the little circular ones) BUT not going to happen as long as my gma is alive (long story).....

So Here's where I need help --- what color???

The family pictures that hang in the hallway are a "have to have" because they're not going in my living room! They are dark in general and overall creepy but again I gotta keep peace till gma passes on.  (as posted before - we plan on changing the carpet out and putting in hardwoods - but again another thing i have to wait on)

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyof2114
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:48 PM

I would paint the walls a creamy white color.

amomynous_j
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:57 PM

i'd go as light as possible!

HisSweetheart07
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:31 PM

BUMP!

HisSweetheart07
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:43 PM

What "light" color would you suggest? I'm not afraid of color but I would prefer it to be something that can blend easily with the living room (even though it too isn't painted yet)

Shull87
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:45 AM

how dark.  I would diff paint it Yellow.  or a super brite color to lighten it up.

Les1951
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Light gray, greenish gray, taupe, white, soft yellow.

blondepegasus
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:13 PM

If you want it to flow with the living room, which isn't yet painted, you need to decide what color the living room will be before choosing a color for the hallway. I have used my hallway as a picture gallery for family pics, however I have chosen to put the large, charcoal portraits of my grandparents, who used to own my house, up front  and center in the foyer. I wasn't waiting for them to die off before I could put my own stamp on the house, though...LOL

HisSweetheart07
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 3:13 PM

My gma has altimerz so Im trying not to make life to confusing for her since she's having a hard enough time.

TheJerseyGirl
by Admin on Feb. 21, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Any of those would look nice!

Quoting Les1951:

Light gray, greenish gray, taupe, white, soft yellow.

Myspace Comments  

HisSweetheart07
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Thanks Ladies :)

I'm going to Lowes tomorrow to look at some swatches. I'll post up the new pics as soon as I get it done. I like the idea of soft yellow or light gray.. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)