• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*new pics page 4on reply*S/O of my Original Post (link2it included) We got a new place now PIC HEAVY

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:48 AM
  • 37 Replies
  • 3229 Total Views

here is the link 2 my 1st post  for those of you who missed it http://www.cafemom.com/group/33465/forums/read/12075937/_edited2add_more_pics1_17_Pics_My_house_started_out_just_posting_pics_of_my_office_lol

So... we sold the mobile home in February for $11,000 -- but some of that went to paying it off :-) BUT -  we are now renting but the deal is awesome !  My mom  is building a 2 story house on 2 acres of land and she has it designed to be 2 apartments. Hers is upstairs and Ours is downstairs. It's not fully finished yet ,but with the money we got from the sale of the trailer & Tax returns ( ours was huge this year) we were able to do a LOT of work in here.  We pay $850 a month rent, but that includes the utilities, I have the best neighbor in the world once she gets hers finished, I can do whatever I like to the inside of my home & the land around me ( she said so  ) and  it'll be willed to us later on in life also.   The apartment is huge. It's 1053 sq feet and the average 3 bedroom ranch style home is only 1029sq ft ! I'm very excited. I've always lived in apartments or trailers,but mostly trailers.This feels like a house to me. The bedrooms are 13x15 and I have a utility room & Seperate diningroom. It's awesome! In floor heating,heated sidewalk.!!  When we moved in it was  horrible lol  the men had made a huge mess from building in  there for so many years & Not cleaning up after themselves. I pretty much need a new stove.  We have the countertops for the kitchen but need to lay them down still - right now it's contact paper on them that you'll see in the pictures, we also have the top cupboards for in the kitchen but have not hung them yet. We need to finish painting in the kitchen also. 

Our bedroom is totally unfinished. We are planning to do that this weekend- I hope I hope lol  We need to paint & lay carpet and clean it out - it has everything from storage in it & Is thrashed.

the kid's room needs to have a wall built to devide it. Mom is ok with it. She said she never wanted anyone else to rent from her & Was very happy we wanted to.

Anyways here are the pictures . The carpet you'll see us laying in the kid's room was already used & the puppy chose that room to  have accedents in while training, so it has new carpet also we just havent layed it down yet either . Still some work left to do here.

We still need to do things like handles on the cupboards in the kitchen and light fixtures need covered and light switches & plug ins need thier cover plates etc..

I'll start with the Livingroom   The  descriptions will be under the pics not above :-)

this was from my bedroom doorway looking into the livingroom, diningroom entry way area  when we 1st moved in. Everyone in the fam has been storing stuff here PLUS they've been working on the house all this time so there  was drywall mudd and dust EVERYWHERE plus sawdust all over etc... plus the guys didnt clean up after themselves when they used the bathroom or  ate lol ugh it was awefull !!

I was standing in the kitchen looking through the diningroom to the entryway and off to the left is the livingroom

Our daughter Hannah laying tile in the kitchen/diningroom. She did awesome job--all 3 kids, randy & I & My mom all layed tile that day :-) We all moped and layed floor primer. It was neat - all of us working together

Noah moping  this is the basement unit so it was cement floors until we layed carpet and pad

Me in my bedroom doorway looking into the livingroom,diningroom and entryway area :-)

we pull a 5th chair out for hubby@head of table every night until we can find one to buy

window ledge in diningroom

entryway - this is definantly  an unfinished area I think

Livingroom- I need MUCH more on the walls for sure. I'm thinking of getting some lime green curtains exactly like the pink ones I have on there already & adding them in w/the pink- what do you ladies think?

I'm going w/ the bright colors due to my bipolar & depression & I live in nikiski Alaska so we have longer dark winters so trying to brighten things up :-)

It's a totally different look than what the trailer had lol

this is between the two bedroom doors. I just added that oil burner today & I think it's too much  - what do you think?

hung up 3 pictures today :-) 1 of each kid -in between my bedroom & the bathroom- gonna go get my grandfather clock and put it in that corner soon & Will need to move those pics

this is that table before I put the oil burner on it

this is behind my couch- I think it needs more-much more

This wall needs more too I think.

That picture has a story behind it -  Those babies  are Me and My son! One day shortly after my sons 1st birthday my mom & nana insisted on takeing him for a few hours (( i was stingy with my  babies so this wasnt always easy for them to talk me into lol ))  and finally I let them. Well anyways  For Christmas  I got this picture!  Turns out they had taken him to the same photographer that did this picture of me on my 1st birthday  & they had changed him into this sailer outfit I didnt even know they got him & Had hi picture taken & Then had the photographer  merge them together. he said he'd never had that request before ,but enjoyed doing it :-) It was such a special gift!

couch is actually a 3 piece sectional ( as you can see in my 1st post) But we have the middle piece in storage- it just doesnt work in this room

Now we have 2 tall speakers beside this fireplace also

I'll add the other rooms  as a reply so the original post isnt so long

by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beccajain2008
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 5:56 AM

This is the Kitchen.  We have nice countertops we need to lay :-) & We have the cupboards for the top & need to hang them. I can not for the life of me settle on Handles for the cupboards & Drawer pulls for the drawers that I like . I don't know why. I've looked at lowes,home depot & walmart and Fred Myers & Still cant!

we need to finish painting the pantry & need to shelve it and put a door on it. We're thinking of making the door look like a red barn door. Kinda suits the style of my kitchen.

Anyways so far I'm loving my kitchen & never thought I could. I REALLY hate that stove though. it's stained so bad an SOS pad wont make it look good :-(  & it's off white when everything else in the kitchen is either Black or white

this is what the men left for us.....the fridge was...well..ugh we ordered out for days before I could get up to courage to touch it. I'm not kidding.

all cleaned up

Pantry

pantry

beccajain2008
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 6:02 AM

when we moved in it had no tub or shower. We bought a tub,surround& lenoliumn

the laundry room is also the room that holds the boiler and furnace etc.. so I put a curtain between all that ugly stuff & The washer & dryer area - it's the same size as the bathroom though

I'm trying to pretty up the laundry room a little. I hung a picture in there & Have a boarder to put around the room now also

beccajain2008
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 6:09 AM

this is the kid's room. We would like to start buying nicer furnature now.  We plan to build a wall to devide this room so our son has his own room. We'll devide it about where that long dresser is in the middle of the room.

The house was so filled up we had to cram into one room for a few days until we could  get it all cleaned up---it was kinda fun!

Randy Laying carpet in the kid's room- Abbey kitty "helping"

Leah's bed -bottom bunk

Hannah's bed -top bunk

Noah's guest bed-bottom bunk

Noah's bed -top bunk (( my husbands Aunt Made the nascar bedding out of Fleece for Noah for christmas))

Noah's side-  The kid's are only aloud  Movies every once in a while & We don't even have a Tv antenna so it's DVD's Or VHS -so they do have a tv in their room ,but we're VERY strict about it

Noah's side

Kid's room

girl's side

beccajain2008
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 6:19 AM

Randy & I's bedroom.

This is the worst room in the house right now. We have the paint & carpet for it & We plan to tackle it this weekend. We need to paint the big white closet we have in here Black. We need to paint the walls,it's kinda a cream color. We have the same carpet for the bedroom as what's in the livingroom. We are painting the bedroom door ( the part that faces into the bedroom)  the same wine red that's in the blanket on my bed. We are going to wall mount the tv someplace so we wont have that tv stand in our room anymore, we're taking that tall dresser out also. We'll have the queen sized bed,mobile closet & that 6drawer dresser w/mirror left in our room - I also have 2 wood night stands that are not in these pictures as they are still in storage but wont be once we finish this room.   If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they want to add   I'm open to ideas & We plan to do this room this weekend :-)  After we paint that closet black we plan to look for stencils that look like that lacey pattern on my beddin and copy that in the corners of the black closet, but in that wine red that we'll use on the door ,that matches the red in my bedding

this room is 13x15

that's the big white mobile closet we're painting black

Les1951
by Member on May. 22, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I don't know if you are asking for help in decorating or design or are looking for kudos.  I think it's great that you have this new home and can fix it up.  I realize you are on a budget and you have done an amazing job with the money you have to work with.  You definitely have your own decorating style. 

beccajain2008
by Member on May. 22, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Quoting Les1951:

I don't know if you are asking for help in decorating or design or are looking for kudos.  I think it's great that you have this new home and can fix it up.  I realize you are on a budget and you have done an amazing job with the money you have to work with.  You definitely have your own decorating style. 

eerruumm thanks I think lol =)

& I'm always welcome to any friendly given tips or advice :-)

Well when I joined this group I saw everyones house pics and mine looked like crapola lol but I posted mine anyways in one big post and everyone started to comment on how great it was comming along and they all asked for updates---  well I left that place so I really couldnt update anymore on it so this was kinda my update lol  I'm gonna include the link to this post in that old post in case anyone really did want an update and  was checking back.  Ya never know lol

So far everyone that's come into the house (( even a random cable guy lol that was in his 50's or so ! he walked in and said "wow I really like it in here" all surprised like and then didnt say much else lol it was genuine! ))   said that when they heard it was being done this way were unsure of if they'd like it but once they saw it loved it. 

We are both bad about hanging pics on the walls though & Right now we don't have very many printed out and framed so  the walls need  more on em & We'll get to it lol

& Yeah.... we're working on a very tight budge. If we hadnt just sold the trailer and gotton our tax refund back we wouldnt have been able to any of this.  

amy7243
by Member on May. 23, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Looks great!!! Very open I like that!!

amy7243
by Member on May. 23, 2011 at 9:03 AM

How do you like the floor heating? We are building and put that in our house...we are doing it ourselves so we are not done with our drywall yet but I cant wait to try the heated floors out.

Les1951
by Member on May. 23, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I've used this site quit a bit when I help clients get their homes ready to sell.  I'm not a decorator, designer or home stager so my knowledge is pretty limited.  This must be very exciting for you and I'm with amy7243, open space is great. 

http://interiordec.about.com/?nl=1 

beccajain2008
by Member on May. 23, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Quoting amy7243:

How do you like the floor heating? We are building and put that in our house...we are doing it ourselves so we are not done with our drywall yet but I cant wait to try the heated floors out.

I like it but the padding for the carpet is WAY more spendy ( you can't buy regular carpet padding because over time -not very long- the in floor heating will cause the glues and stuff in normal padding to melt together & ruins it. Regular padding also blocks a lot of the heat from comming up through ))

Also I've heard if you put too much on the floor  ((  per se someone who likes to collect a lot of furniture??? )))   or what not , it will also block the heat from comming up.  Now-a-days the decor look seems to be  that sparse barely lived in look  so in floor heating  is ideal for that style, but not at all for pack rats, or anyone who might have a lot of furnature or  small rooms with say multiple children in em or something lol 

I know it gets colder in my kid's room if they  leave thier toys on the floor for the day  even !

So far though - We do like it :-) the 1st month 1/2 was a LOT of hot & cold flashes trying to balance it out lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)