Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help the decorating handicapped!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:09 AM
  • 22 Replies
  • 2421 Total Views

So, my son is turning 2 in August. 

A) he has a beautiful crib that converts.

B) He loves Cars, but I love his animal theme from his nursery :( (not pictured)

See below pictures, and I don't want a Cars theme to be sooooo overwhelming, but I do want to have fun with it. Obviously the cheaper the better.  I'll take any and all suggestions. This is still a new house :)

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimberly954
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:14 AM

There are sooooo many ideas if you google it

!

ffpm10
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Def Disney "Cars" I get pretty overwhelmed with all that. I have a very hard time picking out key elements to use to make it look good without ordering everything

Terri441
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:49 AM
For my kids who's interests change too often for me to invest a lot of $$ in it, I bought the peel and stick Disney cars decals for his walls. Then left the furniture and paint very neutral and indecorated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM

I would do stickers that can be removed. You could get a cars comforter, or even just red and blue and then have a few cars pillows. If you can sew they have a ton of cars fabric, so you could even make them yourself.

Kaci
by Admin on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:36 PM

something like this border in the center? Disney Cars Border - Lightning McQueen Mater - Boys Room Wall Borderthen any type of car pics on the walls. :)

Kaci
by Admin on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:39 PM

And you can get curtains or just a valance that has cars on it. smile~ Not alot of things , but just a little. Disney Cars No 95 WindowThese curtains are at Target. :)

rosemagic01
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I would paint the walls a nice shade of blue. Do the curtains maybe a little boarder or some framed posters and a bed spread and leave it at that. Simple but clean.

rosemagic01
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:42 PM

This is actually good! The bed spread isn't even cars its just a blue and red color blankets that way the color runs while not being overly busy! Then the boarder (at the top or middle works and some small framed pics keeps it easy and light. I would go one shade lighter than this blue though its a bit dark.

Quoting Kaci:

something like this border in the center? Disney Cars Border - Lightning McQueen Mater - Boys Room Wall Borderthen any type of car pics on the walls. :)

Kaci
by Admin on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:46 PM

I thought it was good also because its not too "busy". He can get a good nights sleep in a room like that!

I would paint a lighter shade of blue also!

Quoting rosemagic01:

This is actually good! The bed spread isn't even cars its just a blue and red color blankets that way the color runs while not being overly busy! Then the boarder (at the top or middle works and some small framed pics keeps it easy and light. I would go one shade lighter than this blue though its a bit dark.

Quoting Kaci:

blondepegasus
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:44 PM

You're right...that crib is BEAUTIFUL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)