Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Need Some Kids Room Ideas

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:07 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 345 Total Views

My son and daughter share a room. They are 2 and 4. We just painted their room a different shade of blue (thanks to permanent marker) and they have lime green curtains. They have medium wood bunk beds and a different medium wood set of dressers.

I want to do a fish theme and I am looking for some cheap ideas on how to achieve that. I have a nautical looking mirror for their room. It's sort of a distressed blue and white square mirror. Other then that there is nothing on the walls.

I don't want to paint anything on their walls and stickers get peeled off. I am handy at sewing. I plan on reupholstering a small rocking chair I had as a child with a fish print.

I need ideas. I will try to find pics of their room.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
periwinkle163
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:34 PM

You could make some fish wall hangings, those would be super easy to sew, you could also do bubbles for them.

mommy2xp
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:54 PM

You could sew bubbles. get fish themed pictures to hang up

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:18 PM

I would have said a fish stencil and stencil the fish on the walls in "schools" around the room but you said no paint.....so IDK.

Terri441
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:42 AM
I do the stickers but high up almost like ceiling border height. I do it because it's cheap, easy to change, and the high up means it stays on.
You could get sone kind of net fit the corner for toys. Other than the other suggestions I don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terri441
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:42 AM
But good luck and I look forward to seeing it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:58 AM

What about large fish shaped stuffed pillows? If you do applique, that would be good to add to the curtains or bedspreads.

Faye_Daisy
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:36 AM
Nicole you could totally sew up some cute fish and bubbles and hang them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:39 AM

I did that... they pushed their kitchen to it and climbed up and took them down. LOL

Quoting Terri441:

I do the stickers but high up almost like ceiling border height. I do it because it's cheap, easy to change, and the high up means it stays on.
You could get sone kind of net fit the corner for toys. Other than the other suggestions I don't know.

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I might end up doing this.... Maybe I can get some of those metal outdoor hangings in bright fish at some place like The Christmas Tree Shops and hang those.

Quoting Faye_Daisy:

Nicole you could totally sew up some cute fish and bubbles and hang them.

jessicasmom1
by Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM

I too would  do the stickers higher up or even make the ceiling the fish tank maybe some plants in the creases as the bottom as the ceiling meets  the wall... this way they can not peel them off for sometime.  I think the bigger dollar tree stores carry some fish stickers.

Quoting Terri441:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)