Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sage overload

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:00 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 612 Total Views

ladies, my step son has ask me to fix this living room. the walls are white and the floors have a tan color carpet. sofa and chair are sage green and so are the curtians. blah!! he has dark wood end tables which look nice with the sage. we are not allowed to change the carpet (apt rules) but we can change wall color and we can get accent to livin it up.....but what colors? help plz....it looks like someone threw up pea soup.....as i have never dealt with this color, i am clueless.... thanks

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
blondepegasus
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Black goes with Sage really well and makes it look sophisticated. Think black and white patterned toss pillows, black frames on the artwork, black drapery rods, etc. Not a bunch, just little touches here and there. Maybe a black leather ottoman as coffee table if he doesn't already have one.

If you're painting, I would go with a taupe or beige a couple of shades darker than the carpets. Keep it neutral and the landlord probably won't make him paint it again before moving. I'd still add the black accents.

autismom
by Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Some ideas ...

There is always slip covers you can use, and you can find curtain panels in a different color for cheap, I'm sure.

Good luck!

Maddies_mom101
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:57 PM

ok in the second picture  those stairs are a bit strange  ...sorry just noticed that

Quoting autismom:

Some ideas ...

There is always slip covers you can use, and you can find curtain panels in a different color for cheap, I'm sure.

Good luck!

owensmom34
by Group Admin on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Could you repaint the walls a different color?

southernlady184
by Member on Aug. 21, 2011 at 5:22 PM

yes, i can but what colors would you suggest?

Quoting owensmom34:

Could you repaint the walls a different color?

southernlady184
by Member on Aug. 21, 2011 at 5:23 PM

ladies thank you i like some of your ideas.

PlumLovinMom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 9:46 AM

I'm not sure about the "black " idea with the dark wood end tables.  It is like wearing two different shades of navy.  They are too close AND yet different.  I put burgundy with sage and I like it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)