Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much is the most you would spend on buying a pet?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:49 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 487 Total Views

WHAT KIND OF PET DO YOU HAVE?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MegStorey
by New Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:51 AM

$1500-ish... Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

La-Belle-Vie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:51 AM
My husband was dead set on an English Bulldog singe paid a pretty penny for him.
He gave me Beast while we were dating before ge went on deployment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elle31106
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:29 AM
I would pay the $2000 for an Irish Wolfhound, but the climate in Texas is much to hot for one.
I have paid $500 for a Doberman Pinscher before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM

The most i've paid for a dog is around 2500(Doberman), but he was a trained attack dog..

my current dog is a rescue dog(mutt) i paid around 80 bicks for the adoption..

JeanetteRene
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:21 AM

We have an English Bulldog, so we paid quite a bit for her. We also have a Basset Hound that we paid $600 for, and a free cat, lol.

wiferichie
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:23 AM

um.... i pay about 100-150 for my animals - they are all rescued. I have a rhodesian ridgeback mix, a lab/husky mix, and a cat.

blondepegasus
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:44 PM

We only rescue animals too. I've paid as much as $300.00 for a rescued animal. The adoption fee was $200.00 but the rescuer had paid extra to have her treated for heartworms, so I tried to reimburse her for that. We were leery of taking a dog who had had heartworms, but the treatment was successful (so says our vet) and she's been a Godsend to our family. We can only have very low key animals since our son is disabled and can't defend himself in any way, shape, or form from things such as  the dog licking him or stepping on him when he's in the floor. Our dog just seems to inherently KNOW that he is special and she has to use kid gloves when around him.

Mommyof2114
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM

In the past we spent 500.00 for the yorkie and 300'ish for the Maltese.  The yorkie passed soon after we got him.  The Maltese has many issues.  The lateset addition the our family is our rescued cocker spaniel Ava and she was 120.00 we love her sooo much!  At some point we will be getting a doberman and will prob. spend about 1500.00 or so b.c we want one trained.

Steph75
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:17 PM

I would only adopt a cat or dog, so if not free, then whatever a shelter fee is.  I believe it's usually around $100 give or take.  

We have 1 indoor cat.  She was a rescue and was free.  She's feline leukemia positive, so she's the only indoor cat.   We have two outdoor cats.  They stay in our tool shed and will be going in and out with a cat door soon.  I have one more booster vaccine to give them first.  They were both free.  One was found under my aunt and uncle's deck and the other was a rescue.  

We have two dogs.  One was free, a rescue, and one was adopted from our kill shelter.  

We have a horse, he was free from my daughter's lesson barn.  He just needed a good home because he was retiring from being a schooling horse.  We have two donkeys, they were both free and were rescues.  We have 2 goats, again free, they were both rescues.  

We have about 60 chickens.  We do pay for them because we ordered them from a hatchery and they were mailed to us when they were 1 day old.  

We have 1 hamster and 3 rats.  We've had them for 1 1/2 weeks.  They were probably our most expensive pets!  LOL  That's crazy!!   I've never thought about it, but the hamster was like $10 and the rats were $7.99 each, so yeah, our most expensive pets are freaking rodents!!  lol

Steph75
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:19 PM

That's great that you adopted a heartworm positive dog.  Yes, once they are treated and test negative, all is good!  :)  

Quoting blondepegasus:

We only rescue animals too. I've paid as much as $300.00 for a rescued animal. The adoption fee was $200.00 but the rescuer had paid extra to have her treated for heartworms, so I tried to reimburse her for that. We were leery of taking a dog who had had heartworms, but the treatment was successful (so says our vet) and she's been a Godsend to our family. We can only have very low key animals since our son is disabled and can't defend himself in any way, shape, or form from things such as  the dog licking him or stepping on him when he's in the floor. Our dog just seems to inherently KNOW that he is special and she has to use kid gloves when around him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)