Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

do you decorate outside for the holidays?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:19 AM
  • 20 Replies
  • 358 Total Views

i was just wondering who decorated outside for the holidays...and what holidays (if you do)?

by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
butterfly-jo
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:21 AM

we decorate mainly for fall (halloween and thanksging changed up with in that) and christmas.  sometimes spring too...but i have never really decorated outside bc we live on a dead end street.  there are like 8 houses past ours though

this year we decorated for halloween (and still have flowers, a scarecrow and some pumpkins out there that are simply fall-ish) and i got so many compliments on our yard / front stoop.  it was awesome.  so i think we will do a little something for christmas too :)

lasombrs
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:22 AM
we do for christmas and halloween.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by Member on Nov. 4, 2011 at 11:16 AM
Lights, garden piks, and stuff on the door like wreaths.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2011 at 12:09 PM
We just moved into a house and I can't wait to decorate for Christmas! I want the icicle lights! I don't know what else..but I really want those.
I would like to have different wreaths for the seasons as well. Haven't found one for fall though..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by Member on Nov. 4, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Yes! Well, now that I have an outside to decorate.

I have some pumpkins, a bale of hay and some gourds outside now.

armywife1229
by Member on Nov. 4, 2011 at 1:00 PM

We do Easter, Independence Day (well, all summer really), Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas

crazymomof4787
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 1:36 PM

yes lights on the house.

mindyz1
by Member on Nov. 4, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Yes we do. Normally for Fall I do the the hay with the scarecrows and mums. Then once Halloween comes the scarecrows are taking down and the ghosts and skeletons are put up. So are the orange and purple lights outside. Few days after the Halloween things come down the fall things go back up until Christmas time. I will be decorating for Christmas a little earlier this year; I am having a Thirty-One open house at my home the first weekend in Dec. For the Holiday season we do the lights on the house and the deer in the yard. The kids thing is the HUGE penguin that they tie to the tree.

penneylane
by Member on Nov. 5, 2011 at 9:11 AM

for fall we put a fall wreath. we have a giant blow up archway for halloween night but didnt put it up this year due to awkward front house set up. for xmas we do a xmas wreath and light up garland if we have pillars in the home we are living in. eventually we will do more when we live in a place for a few years. we are just so unsettled i dont want to waste money on something i can't use on the next house.  i'd like to get some lighted potted shrubs for the holidays.

butterfly-jo
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:58 AM

sounds pretty :)

Quoting penneylane:

for fall we put a fall wreath. we have a giant blow up archway for halloween night but didnt put it up this year due to awkward front house set up. for xmas we do a xmas wreath and light up garland if we have pillars in the home we are living in. eventually we will do more when we live in a place for a few years. we are just so unsettled i dont want to waste money on something i can't use on the next house.  i'd like to get some lighted potted shrubs for the holidays.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN