Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Everything in it's bag....

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:34 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 412 Total Views

So, I have been told that a great way to organize sports equipment and things when you have multiple children is for everyone to have their own 'bag' ...like reusable canvas kind...to store their specific stuff in.  and then it can be labled for each child.  I have 3 children, one of which plays 2 sports (the other two are still little, but my middle one will be starting sports next year).

so my question is....this is a great idea for convenience....but where in the world would you store them when not in use.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
butterfly-jo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:34 AM

the kids room is one idea..but that would crowd their already small rooms.

another idea would be the garage..but i would be afraid the fabric of the bags would get musty or something

Dabberdoo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Wow.  I dunno.  Do you have like a mudroom or something where you could hang them?

Visit my blog about my crazy family of 8 HERE!
If you are a Baptist lady desiring fellowship and support come join us HERE!
Looking for an idea for dinner?  Visit us Here

butterfly-jo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:29 AM

no i don't...wish i did though!!!!

Dabberdoo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Can you store them in the trunk of a vehicle.  My husband was an umpire/referee and he stored his stuff in duffle bags in his trunk.  He brought it in, washed it and then took it back outside.  Just a thought.  I'm still mulling over whether I like the idea of the bags.   But my children aren't doing that stuff so I have no personal experience with it.

caham
by Owner on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:10 AM

I don't have a mudroom either, so,  my first thought, especially for sports equipment, was the garage or basement....bedroom closet floor maybe?

Dabberdoo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Or you each child could have a tote designated to them in the back of your vehicle.  (You wouldn't happen to drive a van, would you?)  Then their stuff would be stored in their tote in the van.

Dabberdoo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM

This issue is bugging me and its not MY issue!!!  LOL

lasombrs
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM

I would hang them on the back of a door or the wall behind where a door opens so they are out of sight

Mommyof2114
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM
Could you leave the bags in the trunk? That's what I would want 2 do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM
That's what I would do.

Quoting Dabberdoo:

Can you store them in the trunk of a vehicle.  My husband was an umpire/referee and he stored his stuff in duffle bags in his trunk.  He brought it in, washed it and then took it back outside.  Just a thought.  I'm still mulling over whether I like the idea of the bags.   But my children aren't doing that stuff so I have no personal experience with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)