Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Set The Table For Dinner?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 376 Total Views

Do you set your table for dinner daily or is it more of grab your plate and sit down? If you do set your table to do you go "all out"? Or do you only set it for special occasions? 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tntmomof2
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:33 AM
We keep the main course on the stove and but the sides out on the table. I set the table with glasses, utensils and napkins. I put a portion of the main course ob each plate and then put them ob the table......so I guess I sort of set the table lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherylw993
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Well, I used to set the table, but now with a 22 month old it is more differcult. Also my husband and I have recently joined weight watchers and I now measure and plate our food and keep in the microwave until he gets home from work.

Dabberdoo
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:50 AM

I put everyone's plates and silverwear on the table and then all the food.  I don't know where that fits in my options above!  LOL

sweetleanne
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:08 AM

I fix everyone's platter from the stove add the silverware on the plate and place on the table. I was a chef once and have always served our suppers this way.

butterfly-jo
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:41 AM

we don't set it.  i fill everyone's plate up at the stove / counter and then put it in front of them at the table.  if we have company and make several different things, then we wil set the table and have all the food set on it for people to pick what they want...but when it is just me and the kids (and sometimes dh..but he works through dinner most of the time) then i don't

lasombrs
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:56 AM

I do my best to set it, but if ds is paying attention he usually starts to throw it all on the floor :( Its a bear minimum usually even for special days for that reason. But dh wont get his own stuff lol

Klynn-whitlow
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:50 PM

No. Both mine are young (4 and 2), so i still make their plates. So they sit, and i make their plates and bring it to them. I make my own plate (and when my husband was home he would make his) and sit.

MamaMandee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:08 PM
I will put out napkins & silverware but I will make plates up and serve my family. If we have company I will set things up buffet style so they can make their own plates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:29 PM
For now it's grab your plate and sit down. Wheb my babies are older I want to have the table set with the food on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:55 PM
This.

Quoting butterfly-jo:

we don't set it.  i fill everyone's plate up at the stove / counter and then put it in front of them at the table.  if we have company and make several different things, then we wil set the table and have all the food set on it for people to pick what they want...but when it is just me and the kids (and sometimes dh..but he works through dinner most of the time) then i don't

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)