Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Color to go with Sage green?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 9:30 PM
  • 33 Replies
  • 7725 Total Views

I need help deciding on a color to go with sage green.  My living room, dining room and hallway are all connected. The living room and dining room are like one really long room.  The kitchen is off the dining area and is open to one another.  The kitchen is yellow, but not a lot of wall space so not tons of yellow.  The living room has one wall painted a slightly darker sage green.  I really like the green and want to keep it. All the other walls are a off white/beige.  I am so sick of the lack of color.  My curtains in the living room, dining room and kitchen all match and are the same color of the walls, beige.  My couch, recliner and love seat in living room are all shades of brown.  My tables are med, brown wood stain.  Get the idea?  Everything is so blah other than the sage wall. I want to repaint the beige walls.  What color would be good.  I thought of a gold color but don't want it to look like a Green Bay Packers theme, we do live in Wisconsin, LOL.  How about a latte type color?  I think that might look good.  Ya, I know more brown right?  Can't have anything too dark.  We have a large tree near the front of the house that blocks sunlight into the windows.

by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sreichelt26
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Add in some reds. You can either do deep, rich tones or paler pink tones. Depends on your style. Sage and pink is more chabby chic, sage and deep reds is more traditional
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pegleg63
by Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Hubby wouldn't go for pink.  Reds would be nice, I forgot to mention we decorate with a slightly country/eclectic style.  Reds with sage could look Christmasy though or get too dark.

Lynette
by Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in WI too, lol.  My curtains are sage green in my living rm.  I'm drawn to the color.  I think any nature like color works with it.  Blue, yellow, green in the summer.  orange, yellow, red, green in fall.  Christmas red and green and so on.

Maddies_mom101
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 10:49 PM

I would go with a fall color

armywife1229
by Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Cream or Ivory

t-mummy
by Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 10:28 AM
I'D̶̲̅ do dove gray. Its what I did in my living room. Accent wall, green, other walls dove gray. And its cool literally. Lets know what U̶̲̥̅̊ settle on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pegleg63
by Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 11:44 AM

That's pretty much what I have now and I want to change it.

Quoting armywife1229:

Cream or Ivory

htreveth
by Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Black or lavender.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 11:43 PM

what about a darker grey

Maddies_mom101
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 11:43 PM

like charcoal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)