Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas "dinner"

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:48 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 466 Total Views

Hey guys....just curious what you all do on Christmas day. I have my family over and we have always done a honeybaked ham, huge lasagna, meatballs, italian sausage and everything that goes with a ham....like potatoes, green bean caserolle...blah blah blah. (we are italian, thats why we have the lasagna and stuff)

So...so bored of it! I'd love to do a more "picky" type spread this. My brother and his fam come over early, my parents, then an aunt...and they spend the whole day here...so a "picky" type finger food buffet is what I'm thinking about!

Still thinking of the honeybaked ham, but slicing it up, and having a deli meat and cheese spread with rolls....what else???????? Mom is going to make a lasagna , but stick a spatula in it and it can still be a buffet style!

Any recipes? ideas? what do you put out as "finger foods" ? Anyone done a "picky" style buffet that the fam eats off of all day?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
butterfly-jo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:34 PM

we always eat dinner with dh's family on christmas day...we usually do some kind of beef dish as the main thing...and then all kinds of sides bc we are all kind of picky.

i like the buffet style or even pot luck style too where everyone could bring their own fave dish?

millerbunch
by Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:49 PM

meatballs are always good :)

i put homestyle frozen meatballs in a crock pot, a bottle of ketchup and a jar of grape jelly.. simmer on low for ever.. lol

7 layered taco dip..

lasombrs
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:40 PM

we usually do the honey ham sit down dinner thing. but i love chicken wings as finger food, and fruit platters. My family does a huge order in chinese food buffet on xmas eve. But there is usually more then 40 people there (we're cuban..... there is a freaking ton of us lol) and random chips and different dips

proudmommy690
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:53 PM
we are always too busy for christmas "dinner" lol we usually have time to make a quick meal, like any normal day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure. Something lowkey for sure! I'm thinking some kind of meat, with sides. It will just be my parents, me and Joey so something really easy to cook at my house. Then....later that night visiting extended family.

BellaBear
by New Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:01 AM
We are doing the whole finger food this year. Chicken wings, meatballs, ham roll ups, veggie tray, cheese tray and even the desert will be finger friendly. I'm making cake balls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidansmommy219
by Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:28 AM

im not too much help...on christmas we'll be eating at my moms house...prime rib...im not sure what else she's going to be making..and dont know what to take over lol

butterfly-jo
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:06 AM

sounds yummy!

Quoting BellaBear:

We are doing the whole finger food this year. Chicken wings, meatballs, ham roll ups, veggie tray, cheese tray and even the desert will be finger friendly. I'm making cake balls.

OliviasMommy611
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:01 PM
We do everything that we make on thanksgiving plus Christmas cookies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:01 PM
Souds great! :)

Quoting BellaBear:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)