Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Dresser Turned Bed

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 4:16 PM
  • 26 Replies
  • 1363 Total Views
4 moms liked this

My oldest son's room is a little on the smaller size and I wanted him to have plenty of storage without taking up to much space. He originally had a smaller standup dresser, a twin bed and a desk all in his room, not including his band instruments that he had no where to store. We thought of a captians bed but we were still faced with storage issues. Then I found a picture on Pinterest of turning a dresser into a bed but not details of how to do it, so we winged it.

We still have to paint the unit bc my son did have to have some place to sleep (next wkend project, lol)... But I am utterly happy with the way it turned out!

He now has two pieces of furniture in his room. Six drawers instead of 4. Storage at the head of the bed for his band instruments. And even more of a plus he now has a reading nook under the back side of the bed. Fully furnished with his bean bag and strung with lights...

HE LOVES IT!

by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Islandmom2boys
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Love this!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesleysMom23
by Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Love it!!

bradandadamsmom
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 4:40 PM

That's so cool! 

Might be something to think of as my youngest gets older. His room is on the smaller side and storage is at a minimum. 

tnlizard
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 8:34 PM

You ladies did a fantastic job!

Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 9:05 PM

That's neat!

arabellelynn
by Member on Jan. 25, 2012 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
That is a fantastic idea! We got plans to build a full sized loft bed for my DD off of oftloft.com. the plans a super simple to follow, now we just need to start it! Anyway, you guys did great winging it!
karma729
by Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 9:49 AM

awesome!!!

dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM

What a great idea!

deeredone2
by Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 1:13 PM

That is neat!  Good job!

"I ♥ my Marine"

chellenout
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:39 PM

So did you turn the dresser on its side or you added a piece of board and then the matteress on top of that?  I love that you gave him cool masculine bedding and curtains. Also dig the old step stool!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)