Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

My oldest son's room is a little on the smaller size and I wanted him to have plenty of storage without taking up to much space. He originally had a smaller standup dresser, a twin bed and a desk all in his room, not including his band instruments that he had no where to store. We thought of a captians bed but we were still faced with storage issues. Then I found a picture on Pinterest of turning a dresser into a bed but not details of how to do it, so we winged it.

We still have to paint the unit bc my son did have to have some place to sleep (next wkend project, lol)... But I am utterly happy with the way it turned out!

He now has two pieces of furniture in his room. Six drawers instead of 4. Storage at the head of the bed for his band instruments. And even more of a plus he now has a reading nook under the back side of the bed. Fully furnished with his bean bag and strung with lights...

HE LOVES IT!

by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
WeezySueWong
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:40 AM

LOVE this!  I've been wanting to move my 4 year old son to a "big boy" bed, but his room is small and he shares it with his baby sister, so with the dresser in there, the crib, and his small toddler bed, it's already cramped as is... this is an awesome idea where I could keep the dresser in there and him have a "big boy" bed at the same time! :)

Clubpenguin
by Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:31 AM
It kind of reminds of drakes bed on Drake and Josh.
EDDES
by Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I love it; you are brilliant. Great Idea......... I absolutely love it; what a great way to use the furniture you already have to find another function for it. Great space savers.you rock

irishblarney11
by Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 3:39 PM

that is neat....

TheJerseyGirl
by Admin on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:31 PM

OMGosh...I love that idea and loved how it turned out! Awesome job!

sportsmomma45
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Quoting chellenout:

So did you turn the dresser on its side or you added a piece of board and then the matteress on top of that?  I love that you gave him cool masculine bedding and curtains. Also dig the old step stool!

We put a plank of plywood cut to the size of the mattress on top of the dresser. Then braced it out with 2x4's and 4x4's...

He picked the bedding out. and the step stool was left over from our spa that we got rid of lol.

Stephanie329
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Is it turned around backwards? I can't tell? Is the grey area with the blue marking on it the drawers?

PenelopesMom
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM
creative!
Dylansmommy1017
by Member on Mar. 21, 2012 at 2:41 PM

That looks so neat. Great Job!! Very creative. 'So are the 4x4's nailed to the wall or just freestanding. Like his only little cave. I agree too, good bedding and curtains.

suziejax
by Member on Mar. 21, 2012 at 5:49 PM

This is so smart and so cool!!! Way to go!!!!

Come Join us in Homemaker-Mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)