Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Bedroom needs help

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 891 Total Views

Last week I ask for help on redoing my bedroom and I got some really good ideas but some of you wanted to see pictures of what my bedroom suit looks like so here are some pictures. Thank you for your hell
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabgabsmom
by Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM
I have more pictures on my profile
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabgabsmom
by Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Sorry that is ( thank you for your help)

Quoting gabgabsmom:

Last week I ask for help on redoing my bedroom and I got some really good ideas but some of you wanted to see pictures of what my bedroom suit looks like so here are some pictures. Thank you for your hell

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondepegasus
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I would paint the walls a neutral color that contrasts the wood tone of the bed. Right now, the wood of the bed, walls, and carpeting are all fading into each other because they are all the same color. I think I would try to pull the color of the leather insert of the headboard and footboard out onto the walls but in a lighter shade. Don't try to do an accent wall with a different color. I think the room would look too busy with your two tone bed and 2 different wall colors. Your bedding should have a small amount of pattern but you should stick to colors that are in the bed itself. It's quite a presence and you can't discount that when choosing your bedding. It is the *star* of the room, as a bed should be! I would look for a subtle pattern in neutrals of browns, beiges, caramels, rusts, the yellow/blond of the bed, etc. To me, the current blue bedding clashes badly.

Will your bed go anywhere else in the room? What is the door we are seeing? Entry? Bathroom? Closet? Whenever possible, the bed should go on the wall at the furthest point opposite the entry door so it's the first thing you see in full when entering. Can we see the other walls of the room? I looked on your profile yesterday but didn't see any pics. Have you added them since then?

Anyway, after the bed is taken care of, it's all about layering in the accents and accessories. Add a matching set of bedside lamps on the nightstands. Go with natural and neutral themes and colors in your artwork. I think this bed definitely dictates that you stay in the neutral family but that doesn't have to mean boring or bland. You add the visual interest with a good mixture of neutral colors and by adding texture. Hanging a pair of floor to ceiling drapery panels in a yummy neutral will also help pull everything together.

I will search a bit for som bedding I think would look good with your bed later today when I have more time. First tell me, what is your style? Do you lean more towards contemporary, traditional, etc.? I think I remember you said in the previous post that your taste has changed and you now like darker woods?

mommacatof3
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Quoting gabgabsmom:

Sorry that is ( thank you for your help)

Quoting gabgabsmom:

lol about the typo. Maybe arrange the bed differently so that there is more room also.? Have you thought about painting the head and footboard or are you partial to the natural wood?

gabgabsmom
by Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 1:23 PM
My bedroom suit cost a lot of money I don't want to paint it and mess it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetleanne
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 9:28 PM
6 moms liked this

I would do a choc. brown dark on the walls and the door so it blends in for a starting place. ( Or add a mirror door) Currantly the yellow walls doesn't work with the blonde wood.

allornone
by Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 9:32 PM

The woodwork on your bed is it cherry wood?

gabgabsmom
by Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Well I don't know where the pictures went bc they where on there. The door you see is entry door. And I have never liked it there and I didn't want it there to begin with and I tried to tell my husband that when we moved in 6 months ago. But he didn't listen. Lol!!!!! And the comforter I have always hated it too. A year ago for christmas I told my husband i wanted a new comforter set for Christmas and that's what I got. Thank you much for ur help and ideas. I will check on those pictures.

Quoting blondepegasus:

I would paint the walls a neutral color that contrasts the wood tone of the bed. Right now, the wood of the bed, walls, and carpeting are all fading into each other because they are all the same color. I think I would try to pull the color of the leather insert of the headboard and footboard out onto the walls but in a lighter shade. Don't try to do an accent wall with a different color. I think the room would look too busy with your two tone bed and 2 different wall colors. Your bedding should have a small amount of pattern but you should stick to colors that are in the bed itself. It's quite a presence and you can't discount that when choosing your bedding. It is the *star* of the room, as a bed should be! I would look for a subtle pattern in neutrals of browns, beiges, caramels, rusts, the yellow/blond of the bed, etc. To me, the current blue bedding clashes badly.

Will your bed go anywhere else in the room? What is the door we are seeing? Entry? Bathroom? Closet? Whenever possible, the bed should go on the wall at the furthest point opposite the entry door so it's the first thing you see in full when entering. Can we see the other walls of the room? I looked on your profile yesterday but didn't see any pics. Have you added them since then?

Anyway, after the bed is taken care of, it's all about layering in the accents and accessories. Add a matching set of bedside lamps on the nightstands. Go with natural and neutral themes and colors in your artwork. I think this bed definitely dictates that you stay in the neutral family but that doesn't have to mean boring or bland. You add the visual interest with a good mixture of neutral colors and by adding texture. Hanging a pair of floor to ceiling drapery panels in a yummy neutral will also help pull everything together.

I will search a bit for som bedding I think would look good with your bed later today when I have more time. First tell me, what is your style? Do you lean more towards contemporary, traditional, etc.? I think I remember you said in the previous post that your taste has changed and you now like darker woods?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabgabsmom
by Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Yes you guys are right the wall color and bed to not go well together. But just to let you know I didn't paint my walls. We just bought this house ab 6 months ago and slowly but surly I'm redoing all the rooms. I just a had a baby boy three months ago so i started on his room then moved to bathrooms and my little girls room. Now on to my room and living room. But I knew what I wanted in every room but when it comes to my room I'm lost for some reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabgabsmom
by Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 10:39 PM
I really don't remember what kind of wood it is

Quoting allornone:

The woodwork on your bed is it cherry wood?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN