Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

What Color Should I Paint My Bedroom?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 1069 Total Views

Hi Everybody,

I'd like some advice about what paint color I should paint my bedroom. My bed linens and curtains are a kind of taupey tan & olive green. I don't know if I should go with a dark or light paint color in my bedroom. Should I go with taupe, tan, beige, olive green, light green or sage green? Do you have any paint colors..name of color & brand you used..that you think would look nice in my bedroom? I'm really confused:( Thanks!:)

by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
patnic
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I like going to Lowes and looking at their paint choice combinations.  That usually helps me.

jaytee
by Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Do you have a pic of your comforter?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetleanne
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

What color is your bedroom set?

Mommyof2114
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Can you post a pic of the bed set?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM

if you posted some pics Id be more comfy weighing in on the matter...

luzngkntrl
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Hi All,

I don't know how to attach pictures of the bedding but I'll try my best to describe my bedroom for you:) My bedroom furniture is an older set and it's dark brown wood...not really cherry but sort of a reddish brown color. My bedding is a mixture of olive green and a sort of dark taupey color. It also has a small amount of tan and gold in it too. I don't know what color I should paint my bedroom? I was thinking maybe gold would look nice with the green? I really like green too but I'm concerned about picking the right color green that will match the bedding I have. I'm also fond of grayish green paint colors too. I would really appreciate knowing the names of some nice paint colors that other moms have used in their homes and also the brand of paint used too. If anyone has pictures of paint colors that are in your home that you think might work for me in my bedroom, please post them for me to see. Thank you so much in advance for your help! Cafe Moms are the greatest!!!!!!
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Ben moore is great paint. Their website lets u upload your photo and paint ur virtual room...
I ve used cammo, apple green and fern green all were nice greens...
Gold-y yellow sounds like it would b pretty... Maybe an oklahoma wheat or luxurious gold... Pretty!
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/luxuriousgold
rayroe2
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Something like that can go with it nice, but if we had a layout or picture would help better, because it depends how much windows you have etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)