Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Playroom Storage/Decorating Ideas?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 801 Total Views

Hello fellow mama's! My family and I recently moved into a spacious 4 bedroom home. We have a "bonus room" that is about 20'X35' that we decided would be the kids' playroom. My kids have never had a playroom before so they absolutely love it. The only problem is that I am TERRIBLE at organizing...lol. At the moment, we still have toys stacked in boxes! We've been here for about 6 months, so there is no excuse at this point! :)

Do any of you have any ideas or tips for me about what I could use for storing toys and how their playroom should be set up? I am definitely on a budget, so the cheaper the better for us! Thanks!

by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rosemagic01
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM
my_babies.rock
by New Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Thank you! Very pretty ideas.

Might try to get the hubby to build something like that to save some $$. :)

sweetleanne
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Wow , that's a great size to work with . I would arrange it like a open flloor plan with a sitting area, add small longe chairs for the kiddies, butlers pantry and island (for unused toys storage, doing crafts and serving juices for playdates) and the kiddie zone with large playtable ( dining table at 30" tall) and bookcases that are kids height friendly such as pottery barn kids and land of nod have.

Emmy217
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:56 AM

We recently completed a storage project for the playroom in our house. We used three of those cheep laminate bookcases ($20 each). Screwed them together, framed in (make it look like one big piece), used crown molding, used 1/4" board on the back instead of the cardboard they come with. Fill in holes, prime, paint. We're using this for all toy/book/game/puzzle storage. We got rid of the toy box, the book shelf, and two other small shelves that held random toys.

During the project:

caham
by Owner on May. 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Ikea, Ikea, Ikea...Ikea! I love Ikea for their storage solutions. Almost all of our toyroom is Ikea. It is reasonably priced and holds up well! They do have an online catalog, though, walking through the store is much better and worth the drive!....actually I am on my way to Ikea right now (and no I don't work for them or get paid to say my opinion of them).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
campeno
by Admin on May. 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM
My dh built a wall of cubbies....toss toys in those canvas baskets and it looks nice rather than messy. Love them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happysunsets
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:32 AM

If you are on a budget you could always paint it. Add those peel and stick decals. Use the Tub Bins you can get in all different colors to sort the different toys and donate the ones they don't play with. Book cases can act as shelves for books,puzzles,and other small type toys.

Join us @ Stay at Home Moms of Cafemom

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117080

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)