Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Do you have a pantry? My Dirty Secret, can you help me?

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 234 Total Views

We just replaced the doors to the pantry and have plans to organize and build stuff and really have it "put together".
I'm thinking wine storage...  and I'm not sure what else.

My pantry is GROSS. Unorganized. Messy. Really a dirty secret behind those doors.
Do you have a pantry? What do you like about it? What would you change? What does a good organized pantry need?
here is the inside... get ready to scream... LOL

by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
inmybizz
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Haha!! I was going to make a messy pantry post..Mine is a bit unorganized..I try to put all like items together but i end up with stuff everywhere..I'll post a pic- let me find some batteries..  

obx_Mom
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I LOVE my pantry! I have about 2/3 the space that you have, but I probably have the same amount of stuff that you have.

I guess its all about the way I have it arranged. I have wire racks and while I like them because I can see what's on the shelf above by looking up, thinner packages can fall through or not sit up straight. 

It looks like yours just needs some organization. It looks like y'all just chuck stuff in it rather than place it where it "goes". 

For instance in my pantry- my top shelf has things that I don't use very often like pastas and specialty foods that I only serve occasionally, and where I store things that I buy in bulk like sugar, large cans of stuff, bulk packages of garbage bags, and bulk packages of paper towels and toilet paper. 

The next shelf has all of the cereal boxes and breakfast foods, baking mixes like Bisquick, brownie mixes, cake mixes, flour, sugar, corn startch, brown sugar, baking soda, and such are on one shelf. 

On the shelf below it you will find canned goods and stuff that you would fix for side dishes for supper - canned beans, cans of soup, tomato paste, tomato sauce, jars of sketty sauce, boxes of flavored taters, boxes of flavored rice, instant rice, instant taters, powdered milk (I keep it around for emergencies), canned milk, sweetened condensed milk, kidney beans, canned fruit, etc. 

The next shelf has cans of coffee, bottles of liquid coffee creamer, gallons of cooking oil, vinegars, snacks, chips, cookies, popcorn and other junk food. 

I have smaller racks on the walls on each side that hold spices and smaller things that tend to get lost like packages of Jello, Kool Aid mixes, Taco mixes, dried soup mixes, Old Bay Seasoning and odd ball stuff like that. 

I have small wire baskets on the floor for aluminum foil, wax paper, plastic wrap, zip lock bags and stuff like that. 

Stacking and storing stuff together makes it so that I know what I have and how much of it so that when I get ready to go to the grocery store I can literally open the pantry door and make my list from what I see. 

The one chore I hate more than anything is grocery shopping! 

tatinbriansmom
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Wow!!! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashlet01
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I took one of those show organizers and hung it on the door and put small things in there.

TheJerseyGirl
by Admin on May. 16, 2012 at 6:24 AM

I would just love to have a pantry! I store stuff on basement shelving...just hate that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)