Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would love ideas for the boys' rooms!

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:51 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 149 Total Views

My boys (ages 5 and 2 1/2) will be moving back into their own rooms come December, so as a Christmas present, I thought about having fun and making their rooms ones that they can live in for years to come!

I found a comforter set at Target that I fell in love with, and discovered that they already had the idea I have thought of for their rooms...let me know what you think.

This is the picture Target has displayed for the comforter set:

My oldest son happens to love blue, and my youngest loves red. So I would do like the picture shows and paint a red accent wall for my oldest son's room, with blue sheets, blue curtains (not sure if I want them floor length or not), blue lamp, rug, hamper, bean bag, and storage bins for toys. Then I would do the opposite for my youngest son, blue accent wall, with all the extras red. In both rooms, the other three walls would be the light khaki color in the comforter set. Cute or not!?

I would use this cube shelf to put the red and blue (might include the khaki color too) canvas storage bins:

Above each of the boys' beds I want to put their names in wood letters, and paint them the same color as their sheets, so they would hang on a khaki colored wall, not the accent wall. 

What do you think? Is there anything you would change? Anything you would add?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TheJerseyGirl
by Admin on May. 16, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Love the ideas you have so far! They're going to love their rooms!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)