Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I finally did something with mine. It's not much, but it's a nice place to go and relax.

I live on a state highway, though, so privacy isn't the greatest. I've seen front porches with curtains in them...would that look ridiculous on mine?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Replies (31-36):
TheJerseyGirl
by Admin on Sep. 12, 2014 at 7:53 AM

That is SO pretty! Makes me wish I had a front porch  =(

Quoting RGladson:

Mobile Photo

So... it's been over a year. Lol. Held off on the porch remodel, but I did score some awesome furniture off of craigslist! :D

RGladson
by Member on May. 31, 2016 at 10:14 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Guys!

It's been a long time, but it's finally done (since last summer 😂)! I logged in here for the first time since 2014 and had a notification from this thread, so I thought I'd share the news. Lol
jewels.unicorn
by Member on May. 31, 2016 at 10:17 AM

I think that looks great!

What about gauzy white curtains? They would be see through enough for you to see out, but if the highway is far enough from your porch, they would give you the proper privacy you crave.

We just planted tall cedar trees in front of our porch to give us privacy from our neighbours, we're right smack in the city though, so the houses are pretty close together.

RGladson
by Member on May. 31, 2016 at 10:46 AM
Thank you!

Yes! Still thinking about the curtains! I don't have *super* close neighbors, but I do have a nosy old man across the street, and of course the highway traffic.

Trees was another option for us, but I think curtains would be better for sure. Our porch faces the West, so we get a lot of pretty sunsets.

Quoting jewels.unicorn:

I think that looks great!

What about gauzy white curtains? They would be see through enough for you to see out, but if the highway is far enough from your porch, they would give you the proper privacy you crave.

We just planted tall cedar trees in front of our porch to give us privacy from our neighbours, we're right smack in the city though, so the houses are pretty close together.

sweetleanne
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2016 at 7:54 AM

I wouldn't unless I needed privacy. I had an outdoor pergola that came with curtains and we never used them . Although they look pretty.

Mariaej24
by Member on Jun. 21, 2016 at 6:15 PM

Curtains would like nice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN