Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Staircase. "pic"

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 751 Total Views

Our l staircase into the living room is BLAH, DULL, when my friend took these pics she gave me a couple ideas. .i was not crazy about them. There is another set of stairs from the kitchen. I just need some. "Pop" of color or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetleanne
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I see some red curtains, and some  large contemporary walls. Maybe bring out the red more in art work, add some metal with mirror, more color to the walls. There's some idea with shape,and contemporay design:

ablessedlife
by Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM
You call that dull?! That is so beautiful!

Perhaps change that bluish picture into something even bigger. And change the drapes. The rest can stay.
rosechaud
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM

beautiful staircase, what's not to like?

goochie
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I think it is fine the way it is.  Not blah at all

babynurse454
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:35 PM
It just looks so dull to me, I've started changing the back side of the stairs, they go into the kitchen. My color choices sometimes are not the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Is that your stairs in the pic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Maybe u can add interest by putting up a pic frame collections
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
urbanroost
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I've seen quite  a few staircase transformations on pinterest that I really like....painting the stairs, handrailing black, and the spindles white, or somevariation thereof.  I think your best bet in actually changing the stairs is addressing the railing. I think they are contributing the most to the "blah" you're feeling. I would stain them dark, or paint them black or whitel.  I would also hand your drapes from the top of the upper window, and personally I think billowy white would be nice for those.  I agree the blue picture on the wall is nice but doesn't belong there.  It's not big enough.  Either add another just above it or replace it with a larger one.  Your home is so pretty and open feeling....just what I love!

luzngkntrl
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:17 PM

You are extremely fortunate to have such a large home while so many would dream of having such a beautiful staircase as yours. Just be grateful for what you have. It's perfect just the way it is. 

psych_mom
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I think if you stained the hand rail and spindles a deeper color that would really help. Maybe get some art work with pops of red and that would tie the red in the curtains in and give you a pop of color.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)