Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Our l staircase into the living room is BLAH, DULL, when my friend took these pics she gave me a couple ideas. .i was not crazy about them. There is another set of stairs from the kitchen. I just need some. "Pop" of color or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Replies (11-13):
babynurse454
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Im taking the blue picture down and i've already started staining the staircase that goes back.down to the kitchen. Im starting to paint things. My color hues are not the best, I still try. Thank you for your input.

Quoting urbanroost:

I've seen quite  a few staircase transformations on pinterest that I really like....painting the stairs, handrailing black, and the spindles white, or somevariation thereof.  I think your best bet in actually changing the stairs is addressing the railing. I think they are contributing the most to the "blah" you're feeling. I would stain them dark, or paint them black or whitel.  I would also hand your drapes from the top of the upper window, and personally I think billowy white would be nice for those.  I agree the blue picture on the wall is nice but doesn't belong there.  It's not big enough.  Either add another just above it or replace it with a larger one.  Your home is so pretty and open feeling....just what I love!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Yes that is our staircase it also goes down the back into the kitchen. It just needs something so im starting to stain it.

Quoting Apr1l:

Is that your stairs in the pic?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
urbanroost
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I hope you post pics when you're done :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN