Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Taupe Dining Room

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 1745 Total Views

I wanted to paint it taupe, I love the taupe dining rooms. So I bought paint yesterday. Well it turned out to be the color of a Hershey bar. Yuck! So I have a chocolate brown wall :( I'm so disappointed.

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tnlizard
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:12 AM

It's amazing how paints can change colors according to the lighting in your house.

I like the taupe color also.

Moms_Angels1960
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I also like the Taupe colors yeah after all that money & time you hate to be disappointed don't you. Do they have that thing at your hardware store where you get your paint to out it under the different lights to see how it would look compared to what lighting you have? That's cool to take a paint chip & do that.

sweetleanne
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Taupe is a midtone color and can also feel dark. Here's a picture of taupe walls and brown flooring. It's a good example of the difference in tone yet it's still dark.

You can add mirror, and blues to contast and brighten the space. Hopefully you can lighten things up.

iHay
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Well painted the brown part white again and got some different paint. It's going to be a pale silver blue now. I know a total change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Cant you just add white paint to the brown paint to make taupe... ? 1/3 dark brown 2/3s white
I know typical taupe may have some gray as well...

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Aww...I'm sorry. Maybe you can paint over it? I don't know?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy911
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 4:09 AM

My husband and I did a taupe top, chocolate brown bottom on our dining room walls with a bright white chair rail in the middle.  This is the first corner that we had done...

iHay
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I love that! I wish I'd seen that before I painted everything blue. So pretty. I never thought of anything like that.

Quoting katy911:

My husband and I did a taupe top, chocolate brown bottom on our dining room walls with a bright white chair rail in the middle.  This is the first corner that we had done...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)