Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

The colors I decided on for the bathroom, since i'm being bullied by Miss B

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:11 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 448 Total Views
1 mom liked this

So, I'm painting and just redoing the bathroom. I talked trash to my husband, and he challenged me to do it myself, without hiring anyone. *open mouth, insert foot*

So, i'm in the painting stage right now. I will be picking light fixtures and faucets and what not next. I want a brushed bronze type of deal. We are going to put in a bowl sink. The tile and cabinets will be last. We were going to put in a new tub and toilet, buuut, with lip next month, it isn't happening. 

*Just so you know, B, there is NOTHING to see! Lol

The gold wall. The tub and sink are in this first room. The shower and toilet are in the smaller one, trimmed in black. 

The wall behind the tub. The window is trimmed in black. Sorry for the awful picture. And don't worry, all of my bad painting will be fixed! Lol

The covers I chose. I know that red seems really bright. It isn't. 

The red in the bathroom is actually only a tiny bit brighter than this. 

Anyway... that's my progress. Lol

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Miss-B
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I'm loving it. You're doing a good job.

Rain2Rinse
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I quit!!!!

Ugh, i wish. But then dh would make funbof me. *sigh*

Quoting Miss-B:

I'm loving it. You're doing a good job.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:24 PM

LOL, do it!

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Looking good.. So relived you're going to touch up... those missed spots were KILLING me looking at the photos... LOL... Painters tape is a wonderful thing... as just just thin cardboard (like a cereal box) hold it flat against the wall... and paint that white!!! LOL!!!

really do like the colors... and Miss B is a great person to listen to! She has some great ideas... so Glad she bullied you into doing it!  Its more cheerleading then bully I think!!! (WINK!)

Rain2Rinse
by Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Lol, you know what?! Im going to have dh leave those spots just like that, just for you? Lol

Quoting SamMom912:

Looking good.. So relived you're going to touch up... those missed spots were KILLING me looking at the photos... LOL... Painters tape is a wonderful thing... as just just thin cardboard (like a cereal box) hold it flat against the wall... and paint that white!!! LOL!!!

really do like the colors... and Miss B is a great person to listen to! She has some great ideas... so Glad she bullied you into doing it!  Its more cheerleading then bully I think!!! (WINK!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:32 PM

looks good!!

patnic
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I kinda did the same thing.  I wanted to paint my outdoor sidelights next to front door and then paint the front door.  I got a soy-based remover to take off one and it was such a hassle, I'm not doing the other one.  And now I have to paint them - ugh!  

I don't know what to do - what step next, primer?, etc?  Insert my big foot!!!  Going to Lowe's or Home Depot or Paint store for help.

Your room looks great

!

psych_mom
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 5:34 AM
It's looking good. You'll be proud of yourself once your done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Doing good. Good luck with the rest!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)