Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Any good instructions on how to paint old dressers?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:00 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 443 Total Views

I am wanting to paint or re-stain 2 of out old dressers. We bought a new bed with dark wood stain on the headboard. I would like to paint the dressers to match our bedding or to match the stain on the headboard. Problem....our walls are wood paneling so I am steering away from browns. We are getting a sage green bed comforter set. Should I paint dressers off white or stain them to match bed headboard? AND, do any of you have any good instructions of how to do that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tnlizard
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Youtube has several self help on painting furniture....

Pintrest has several good ideas on how to paint and redo furniture.

You could paint the dressers a color in the sage green family that complemented your bedding and maybe replace the knobs or handles with something that matched the wood of the bed?

I have painted some accent pieces sage green, then went over them with a dark wood stain to make them look old...I'm happy with the results.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:19 PM
If you check out my what color would you paint it post you can check out the hutch and sideboard i painted.
I gave them both a quick lite sanding... Patched any gauges with wood filler, let that dry and resanded. Then wiped down... 2 coats of primer... Then 2 coats of paint... and then 1 coat of poly.

I think a nice off white will compliment your new bed..and go well with the green.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)