Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!
How much did you buy it for?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Replies (31-39):
CjEmmemommy
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM

200k, we live in it now. It's been almost 2 years and we have talked about upgrading but we just remodeled and I think it would be smart to stay a couple years longer before strapping on the big payments:)

salina123
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM

We just bought our first home 2 years ago for $252,700. It is now worth about $300,000. We don't plan on moving anytime soon. We are thinking about building up. I love where we live and love our lot, area, and neighborhood :)

inmybizz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM

around 650K 11yrs ago.

momsrock13
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM

My house is huge and old-paid $ 8,000- for it in 2000- It was built in 1920-6 bedrooms-3 main floor and 3 in basement-3 bath-huge fenced backyard deck -full basement with fireplace-one car garage-corner lot-right now it needs a 15,000 dollar roof-ugh we r doing it this summer-I love my house and it will always be a work of art in progress!! Now if I could just move it to another town!lol

decor42
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:34 AM

The first is a 1900 poor farmers home.  Did not have many details that were worth keeping when we remodeled. 

This house use to be down the road where we have our pond/camp area.  It was rolled to this location around 1942 on 2 large logs, pulled by tractors with chains. 

We have a picture of the little old couple that built this house.  I have always said that there was something missing, the house needs a wrap around porch.  Well, the picture shows a beautiful wrap aropund porch. 

The location of the doors and windows are the same as when originally built.  The garage was built as a detached garage. 

Two years later we tore off the back room, built the addition and connected the garage to the house. 

We now have an official entry and a small den/family room that is used more than our large living room.

$12,000 now appriased at $89,900 Both are true country living.  We are literally 3 miles from the village yet far enough away for privacy.

$22,500 now appriased for $132,100. Sorry, I have no picture, will try to add in the next couple of days. Houses are next to each other on a combined nearly 3 acre lot that is considered ag/residential and improved/maintained. Our backyard view.

A side yard view of the white house.  Neither of the homes are any thing fancy but they have been paid for for many years.  I think since 1989.

caham
by Owner on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Christine - Group Owner Home Decor and So Much More!

Looking to get your Sexy Back? In as little as 45 Minutes, I can show you how!! Message me for more details. https://christinecunningham.myitworks.com/

ChicatSixty
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM

First home? $38,000 on an acre of land. (1974). I fixd it up in my spare time and sold it for $50,000. I think it was one of the prettiest places I ever lived in. Big yard with flowers and trees. In the winter, the deer would come down and walk around, which was so exciting.

I painted the kitchen "Cinderella" and painted wildflowers on the backsplash. THe curtains were white eyelet. I shopped yard sales and refinished everything, so it looked just like a little dollhouse. It had three bedrooms and I fixed up one for a little girl--pastels with a tree painted in one corner and wildflowers, butterflies and fairies painted on the walls and ceiling. The two twin beds had picket fences as headboards. It was darling! The "boys" room was all in primary colors with a hot air balloon theme. I painted the ceiling to look like what you would see from a hot air balloon. It was super cute.  The master bedroom was painted holly green with fern green fabrics...very serene and tranquil.

I sold it toally furnished and moved to California, where I bought fixer-uppers and flipped them. I'm in my forever home now. (My daughter just bought her first place, so I am probably going to start all over with her :) The first thing we are doing is painting all the cement with glow in the dark paint to look like flagstone. It is an older home with a pot bellied stove, so this should be fun!

rttwilson
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:08 PM
79900 in 2001 it is now listed for 51900.
acb4415
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM

We bought our first home in February 2012 for $162,000 for a 3 bed, 2 bath 1,448 sqft

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN