Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

What do you think about painting my door a blue/teal color? Pics

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 6:15 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 2045 Total Views

Here are pictures of my house, an outdoor pillow, and the brick on my house. Currently, my front door is painted a tan/orange-ish color.  It matches one of the brick colors.  

I'd like to paint a contrasting color this time, so I'm thinking a shade of blue, like a teal. Not a cheap looking, bright teal, but one of the shades of blue in that outdoor pillow.  I don't think I'm too crazy, since I see brown and blue together for the interior of homes.

Also, I had an architect come out for some other things and I asked her about what color she would paint the front door and she suggested olive.  Since one of the bricks has an olive cast to it.

So what do you think?

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
patnic
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 6:17 PM

And that isn't a window shade in the top middle window, don't know why it photographed that way.

sweetleanne
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I think that sound like a great color to try.

Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I am not sure about painting the front door a different color other than the normal colors like brown, black or white. I seen that HomeDepot or Lowe's commercial about a woman painting her front door yellow...and I just think that's odd.

QuiltLover
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll go out on a limb, or as they say 'out of the box"..I would so do the teal..Paint is a cheap way to pop a color, in a room, door, wall...and if you don't like it, it won't be hard to change.....I love the pillow colors...take a before and after picture so we can squeal and go ""oooooo and aaaahhhhh"

iHay
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:22 PM
I would say a dark teal would look awesome. Colored doors are very in. A good thing to try is looking at some design books and barnes and noble or even googling pics and see if you like the way it looks on someone elses house. Personally when i own my own home it will have a deep purple door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Go for it. I think that it would look good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmp
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Black Front Doors are really in style right now. I think it would look awesome or even a Green like Navy green or dark mint green.

MomVsBoys
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM
4 moms liked this

I painted mine almost two years ago and I still love the color.  I was - am having a bit of a love affair with turquoise, but since I really didn't like that for the door, I went deeper and I love it.  Now I'm cheating on turquoise with teal, but it's ok, they know about each other:P

hcornett
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE colored door. If your gonna do it , do it all the way, pick something bright enough to pop! Im painting mine Heritage Red this weekend!

Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 3:13 AM
Thats real pretty!

Quoting MomVsBoys:

I painted mine almost two years ago and I still love the color.  I was - am having a bit of a love affair with turquoise, but since I really didn't like that for the door, I went deeper and I love it.  Now I'm cheating on turquoise with teal, but it's ok, they know about each other:P

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)