Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Bathroom makeover is FINALLY aaaalmost done!! *ETA lots of PICS, opinions please!!

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 984 Total Views

We bought our house 2 years ago as of this coming Ideogram. We've done soooo much to correct the terrible decisions that the very old, previous owners made.. Lol.. Our bathroom last summer got painted, a new mirror, light fixture, towel bars, curved shower rod and curtain. Oh and we put a big window in the shower. The vanity got put off as I couldn't find one I liked... Until now! So the new vanity is in and what a difference!!! All that's left is my sink backsplash (bought the tiles today!!), some art and floating shelves. Oh and maybe one day tile the shower. Hehe!

OK got some pics finally! I'll start with before pics.. Here's the bathroom from when we bought the house and first moved in:

OK, so nowwwww this is what it looks like! Still a work in progress but really coming along!!!! View from the hallway (see the new window?? :D)

(The little shelf thing on the left wall beside the shower will be gone, it's temporary. lol.. The spiral candle thing is also temporary. I'll be putting black floating shelves there eventually)

Ok so the strip of orange is what was behind the old vanity. We painted everything last summer but obviously not behind the old vanity lol. So we have to paint that, plus we have really nice brushed nickle pipes as well to replace the ugly black PVC ones.

I need to get a set of nice white hand towels with maybe grey accents or something. Also in the vanity, there's glass shelving built into each side.

Closeup of the countertop. LOVE the faucet and rectangle sink!!! The wall behind the vanity and under the mirror will be a mosaic tile backsplash.

The tiles: The clearish ones have kind of a light blue color to them and look awesome with the wall. The white is marble.

Sorry so pic heavy! What do you think?!?! Like I said before, I need to add floating shelves, matching towels, knick knacks and little things, tiles and a little paint. It's getting there though!!!

by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Where are the pictures? LOL

I am glad you found things you wanted for the bathroom. :D

psych_mom
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM
I want pictures too, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermama322
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL I had to wait until today to take some pics, will be posting soon! XD

Quoting Rushn311:

Where are the pictures? LOL

I am glad you found things you wanted for the bathroom. :D

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2114
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Post pics
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermama322
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Pics are up!

katieGrace
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Love the tile
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:24 AM

LOVE everything you've done so far. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

supermama322
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!!! So lucky my hubby is as excited to makeover rooms as I am! Lol!

Quoting Rushn311:

LOVE everything you've done so far. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my2sweetjoys
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 4:08 AM

It looks so awesome! I love the tiles

Mommyof2114
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Looks good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)