Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Help!I need decorating advice on a recent rug purchase!!

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 1320 Total Views

I want to re-do my living room and I started with the purchase of a rug. I should have gotten something more neutral but I liked the price and I love the color just not sure how to incorporate other decor, furniture, paint. 

What would you do with this rug?

I need advice on paint, decor, furniture...

Thank you so much!

by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetleanne
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

It looks like a gold flower to me so I think a traditional or transitional look with gold and red, green or blue would like nice.

marilyp
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Quoting sweetleanne:

It looks like a gold flower to me so I think a traditional or transitional look with gold and red, green or blue would like nice

I really like the one in the middle! I would love to do a white slip covered sofa but I have twins that will be 3 soon.  That part would have to wait. LoL!  The rug is an aqua/seafoam blue the other color in the rug is a goldish green color.   I want to go for a more transitional look than traditional, with some pops of color like orange or red in a chevron or geometic type print. 

My walls are beige now (pretty close to the first picture) and have been since we built our home in 2007 I know it would work but I am thinking Gray. :) I am thinking adding the pops of color in a window treatment or throw pillows.

Any ideas on what pattern might work?

I am thinking about this color  pallete:

Thank you so much for your response!

caham
by Owner on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:37 AM
How big is the rug? Are you keeping your existing furniture?
marilyp
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Quoting caham:

How big is the rug? Are you keeping your existing furniture?

The rug is 8x11 and I plan on getting new furniture and painting. Any suggestions for furniture and paint colors etc...?

caham
by Owner on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:28 AM
In my opinion, I always have to have an inspiration piece first, when I get ready to decorate a room. It could be a paint color, or a piece of artwork/accessories, a pillow, a rug...whatever, then I build the room around that. Pulling my colors and accents from whatever is in my inspiration piece.

Christine - Group Owner Home Decor and So Much More!

Looking to get your Sexy Back? In as little as 45 Minutes, I can show you how!! Message me for more details. https://christinecunningham.myitworks.com/

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 8:51 PM

If I were you, Id ship that rug right to me! LOL! I LOVE IT!

Ok, so I guess first option is out... I see that paired in a fun eclectic room...
I would go with a nice wall color-- with some blue and some gray..
Ben Moore Atmosphere?

brown couch (safe with 3 year olds...)
although pillows with some gold instead.. painted sofa table and maybe a fun (fabric covered) or leather coffee ottoman..with storage inside.

marilyp
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Quoting SamMom912:

If I were you, Id ship that rug right to me! LOL! I LOVE IT! Ok, so I guess first option is out... I see that paired in a fun eclectic room... I would go with a nice wall color-- with some blue and some gray.. Ben Moore Atmosphere?  brown couch (safe with 3 year olds...) although pillows with some gold instead.. painted sofa table and maybe a fun (fabric covered) or leather coffee ottoman..with storage inside.

Thank you! Loved your response and suggestions!
Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I agree with the color wall choices...I'd go with brown furniture, on the lighter side.  I can't really tell what color is in the rug--is that gold or orange?

Quoting SamMom912:

If I were you, Id ship that rug right to me! LOL! I LOVE IT!

Ok, so I guess first option is out... I see that paired in a fun eclectic room...
I would go with a nice wall color-- with some blue and some gray..
Ben Moore Atmosphere?

brown couch (safe with 3 year olds...)
although pillows with some gold instead.. painted sofa table and maybe a fun (fabric covered) or leather coffee ottoman..with storage inside.

RhyneX2
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I think adding little accessories of orange would be cute.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Samantha431
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Ya, light blue walls with beige and chocolate brown highlights would be great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)