Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

organizing my life...

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 293 Total Views
1 mom liked this

For some reason all these years i have had a bad block on how to really organize. Now, i'm not throwing blame out here but my mother has never been good at it, in fact all my half bro's and sister's pictures she ever saved goes in one envelope that the school picture originally came in. everything else gets thrown (literally) in a filing cabinet and not even organized in there. anyway, My MIL puts things in boxes and stuffs them where ever she can find a cabinet or shed.I never learned how to ORGANIZE!! so here's one of my proud accomplishments this weekend...

I have saved my 3 kids's kindergarten artwork and of course it ended up in a box all these years 13 years?), till this weekend. I started thinking how blogs on Pinterest can help me organize my life cause they always have stuff like that on there, heres one idea someone came up with (not exactly) but me and my husband thought this one out while at Walmart ....

BEFORE

AFTER..

now that's 3 kids worth and its already stuffed so for my last child, i will have to have just something small and simple like a filing folder.

by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tnlizard
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:02 PM

That's a great idea!

MomVsBoys
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Kids art is the bane of my existance!  I have two underbed storage boxes, one per child naturally, and all the things I can't bear to part with -after suitable diplay time- goes in the box.  I write on the back of each one, who did it and when.

This is where I put it when it comes home. The boys each did butterfies in nursery school and I will probably always keep them up, but most of it gets put away after a while.

This is where it goes. 

The large binders on the shelf are also the kids, I keep a little bit of their work, put in the report cards and the proofs from school pics( I don't order them, too expensive, we do family ones) for each year. Even getting rid of most of the paper I'll still probably have 6-7 binders each by the time they graduate. Maybe by highschool it won't be so hard to part with their work.

armywifeproud
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Good Idea!

Kimberleah
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I need to organize my daughter's schoolwork. She did 2 years of pre-school & is now in Kindergarten. I'm planning on buying a tote.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM

OMG thank goodness my son hates to draw. I cant IMAGINE having all that! LOL
Mine would look like the original box!!!
love your wonderful ideas!!!

Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I have some in a folder too. I actually use a lot of my kids drawings to display in my kitchen for certain holidays. My daughter has brought home some nice artwork. :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN