Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Just re-did DD"s room and wanted to share :)

Posted by   + Show Post

Quote Like Reply to Post

Its 90% done, I still want to cover the ceiling, put down a rug, paint the shelves next to the play kitchen, and get DD some new red/spotted bedding ^.^

I'll be adding more colored falling leaves, drifting down from the branch above, as the season goes on :)

~wipes forhead~ Few! Hard work! Enjoying the bunk bed with DD and our house bunny, Evie <3

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Replies (11-11):
ravenstears
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I couldn't love our pet bunny more! She is so loving, adorable, and contagiously happy :) Rabbits are fantastic pets, they are really like a combination of a cat and a dog, only vegan with a less up keep than a dog (usually anyway)

The only difficulties are with chewing, digging, and potty training takes a bit of patience. We got our bunny as a baby (6 weeks old) and she was largely potty trained with in two weeks, she is now 7 months old and never pees anywhere other than her litter and only occasionally leaves a few little poops around, but its no big deal as they don't stink and can be easily swept or vacuumed up. Around 1 year old they tend to be fully potty trained, only leaving one or two little poo's around on accident.

They will chew cords, wall papers, baskets, etc so they take a bit of bunny proofing for their own safety (and the safety of your stuff!) We just tied up our cords out of her reach (she's a dwarf bunny, that picture is her full size :) ) rubbed my perfume on my baskets and the edge of our one table she chewed, and spritzed a little where she started chewing the wall and the problem was solved :) As for digging up carpet, we just put down grass mats in the spots she was digging and gave her a diggy box as an alternative. They are very smart little guys and need stimulation or they can get destructive, though they dont mean to do anything wrong. They need bunny safe toys and boxes to play in and lots of exercise.

Potty training is done by observing where they pick to potty consistently, and place a litter box there (with rabbit safe litter, they cannot use wood chips or cat littler, its very dangerous for them) Put out as many litters as need be, then after they seem to be "getting it" take one away, then an other, until your down to 2 or 3. We currently have one in the kitchen, one in the living room, and one in the bathroom. Our bunny even follows us into the bathroom and hops into her litter box to pee whenever we do, its adorable and funny.

A lot of the negative behavoirs quit around a year old and or after they are spayed/neutered.

Our bunny loves to be pet and cuddled on your lap, she runs around the house with my DD and sleeps in her bed. She runs to the front door to see whos here when ever it opens and she walks people to the door as they leave. She licks us all over and has learned how to press her lips (which are adorably pink!) to ours in order to kiss just like we do ^.^ She runs to us when we have a group hug and stands up to lean against our shins to try and hug too! And she sporadically, everyday, gets a burst of energy which causes her to positively zoom through the house jumping through the air and "binky-ing" (youtube it, its adorable, all bunnies do it when they are super happy) You can't help but feel her joy <3

They only eat timothy hay, alfalfa hay, oat grass and pellets, and they have a small list of other things they can have as treats (carrots are a treat, despite popular belief haha) So they have to be monitored when it comes to eating as they have a limited diet, but they are easy and cheap to feed. You can look up the actual lists of ok and not ok foods, if you ever need to :)

I totally love her and recommend them as house pets to anyone who has the patience to deal with some small troubles (the chewing, digging, and pooping) for a little while. Sense they don't respond well to yelling or punishments, it takes a lot of patience and lots of redirecting behavior. But after they are spayed/neutered, and if they are well cared for and fed correctly, some breeds can live 12-14 years.

I'm in love with our little bunny (if you can't tell) haha Sorry, I'm sure you didn't mean for all this info, I just try not to lead people into even considering any pet with out giving them all the info, it breaks my heart to see people get a pet only to have to give it up cause they didnt know what would have to go into it, they have the pet suffer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN