Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Decor and So Much More! Home Decor and So Much More!

Blackout Shades?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:53 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 411 Total Views

For those of us who work nights and sleep during days...I'm looking for some excellent blackout shades.....any suggestions?

by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 11:53 PM

We bough our blackout blinds from Home  Depot. They were $30-$50...can't remember. But it blocks out the sun really well.

luvhubandbabys
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 11:54 PM
I got some for my girls room from target purple and super cute. Lol. Otherwise they r up at the crack of dawn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM

If you are looking for curtains, I bought one from Kohl's for $30 a panel. It works great.

They look  similar to this but it has circles on it

BeachLover75
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I'll be checking these out :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondepegasus
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:05 AM
I would definitely go with blackout drapes vs. Blinds. Even if they call blinds blackout, they still allow light in. Be sure to extend the rod a few inches past window edges and go floor to ceiling with them and you shouldn't see a peep of light. Also, make sure to get a kind that will wrap around the sides to block out the light (ie grommets vs. rod pocket).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaofficer
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:52 AM
OMG!!!! They are so nice, I love these. And not a bad price, do the rod come with them?

Quoting Rushn311:

If you are looking for curtains, I bought one from Kohl's for $30 a panel. It works great.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparkyco2
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:27 AM

i clean for a woman that bought her blinds at http://www.selectblinds.com/ they are so nice!!! and as far as blocking light.... they are the best i have ever seen.  i haven't purchased any yet but i plan too over the winter.

Rushn311
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:35 AM

no, its separate

Quoting mamaofficer:

OMG!!!! They are so nice, I love these. And not a bad price, do the rod come with them?

Quoting Rushn311:

nicole2884
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:02 PM

we bought some at target, im not sure they are made to be that but they blocked out all the light 

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:47 PM

http://www.gotchacovered.com/

They will come to your house, measure your windows, install your blinds and make sure everything is a ok. They want you to be happy.. I thought they were wonderful!!! its worth a phone call! At least I think so. Ive done my whole house in blinds, drapes window treatments (except 1 room). LOL.. have always used them. Knowledagable, honest, informative. They really steer you in a good direction, are NOT trying to get you to buy someting you dont want to.. and have a VERY good quality product.
Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)